NEED HELP - Random exit in clipper 5.3 program !!!
Author Message
 NEED HELP - Random exit in clipper 5.3 program !!!

I'm developing an graphical aplication using clipper 5.3 lightlib. I
have to link it in real mode 'cause i use a 3rd party library. When i
run my program it works fine for some time then it exits to DOS
without giving any kind of error. I know that it is related somehow
with the clipper overlay manager.  I've tried diferent combinations in
my link file with now positive results.

here's the header of my current link script.

        BLINKER INCREMENTAL OFF
        BLINKER CLIPPER PAGE ON
        BLINKER PROCEDURE DEPTH 60
        BLINKER OVERLAY OPSIZE 20
        BLINKER CACHE XMS 50%
        BLINKER EXECUTABLE CLIPPER F40;TEMPPATH:C:\TMP;DYNF:8;

by the way, the base memory that the aplication has to run on is
between 540-580Kb.

Is there a bug in CLIPPER 5.3, a memory leak of some kind?

Thanks in advance.
Send your help to:

   vonstrumpf#usa.net

Mon, 19 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 NEED HELP - Random exit in clipper 5.3 program !!!
Hi junk

We will need more than the header of your link script to be able to help.

We need to see which libs and files your overlaying, etc....

HTH
--
Steve Quinn
BRUTE Computer Services - Australia

http://www.brutecom.com.au

Quote:

>I'm developing an graphical aplication using clipper 5.3 lightlib. I
>have to link it in real mode 'cause i use a 3rd party library. When i
>run my program it works fine for some time then it exits to DOS
>without giving any kind of error. I know that it is related somehow
>with the clipper overlay manager.  I've tried diferent combinations in
>my link file with now positive results.

>here's the header of my current link script.

> BLINKER INCREMENTAL OFF
> BLINKER CLIPPER PAGE ON
> BLINKER PROCEDURE DEPTH 60
> BLINKER OVERLAY OPSIZE 20
> BLINKER CACHE XMS 50%
> BLINKER EXECUTABLE CLIPPER F40;TEMPPATH:C:\TMP;DYNF:8;

>by the way, the base memory that the aplication has to run on is
>between 540-580Kb.

>Is there a bug in CLIPPER 5.3, a memory leak of some kind?

>Thanks in advance.
>Send your help to:

>   vonstrumpf#usa.net

--------

Tue, 20 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help in Compiling Clipper 5.3 programs

2. Help in Compiling clipper 5.3 programs

3. Need help with bad Clipper 5.3 (US) installation disks

4. Some basic help need with Clipper 5.3

5. How to Generate Random Number from Clipper 5.3?

6. Clipper Expert (S'87 - Clipper 5.3) needed in Atlanta area

7. Urgent need Clipper version 5 (or 5.1 or 5.3)

8. I need the book Clipper 5.3: A Developer's Guide

9. Need CA-Clipper 5.3 Int Disk 8

10. Need Clipper 5.3. I give Valkyrie 5

11. Clipper 5.3 Serial Number needed

12. Unworhty Thread ( was : Clipper 5.3 Serial Number needed )