NEW NEW NEW CA Visual Objects 2.5 Trial Version ist avaiable
Author Message
 NEW NEW NEW CA Visual Objects 2.5 Trial Version ist avaiable

You can download a copy at KnowVo.com

regards
Juergen

Sat, 29 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 NEW NEW NEW CA Visual Objects 2.5 Trial Version ist avaiable
Yes..

And while you're at it, you can download an evaluation version of VO Tools
3.1 for VO 2.5 at http://www.electricpeople.com/Download_VOT32Bit_Demo.htm,
or from ftp.electricpeople.com!. <g>
Ross

Quote:
> You can download a copy at KnowVo.com

> regards
> Juergen

Sat, 29 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 NEW NEW NEW CA Visual Objects 2.5 Trial Version ist avaiable
What are the restrictions on these evaluation copies?

Quote:
> Yes..

> And while you're at it, you can download an evaluation version of VO
Tools
> 3.1 for VO 2.5 at

http://www.electricpeople.com/Download_VOT32Bit_Demo.htm,

Quote:
> or from ftp.electricpeople.com!. <g>
> Ross

> > You can download a copy at KnowVo.com

> > regards
> > Juergen

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Sun, 30 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 NEW NEW NEW CA Visual Objects 2.5 Trial Version ist avaiable

Quote:
>What are the restrictions on these evaluation copies?

Taken from the release notes that come with the trial version:

No SQL Classes or SQL Editor

RDDs limit size of DBFs to 400 records

No Report Classes or Report Editor

No Microsoft Common Source Control API Interface

No EXE Generation

No DLL Generation

Regards
--
David C.M. Llewellyn
Elmtree Technics Computer Consultancy

Mon, 31 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 NEW NEW NEW CA Visual Objects 2.5 Trial Version ist avaiable
So, basically it's worthless.  You get to play with the IDE and that's it ??

--
Gordon Hamm
Voice Data Systems Inc.

Quote:

>>What are the restrictions on these evaluation copies?

>Taken from the release notes that come with the trial version:

> No SQL Classes or SQL Editor

> RDDs limit size of DBFs to 400 records

> No Report Classes or Report Editor

> No Microsoft Common Source Control API Interface

> No EXE Generation

> No DLL Generation

>Regards
>--
>David C.M. Llewellyn
>Elmtree Technics Computer Consultancy
>Software for the Classic Car Industry
>http://www.elmtree-technics.demon.co.uk
>Voice: +44 (0)1366 501502
>Fax:   +44 (0)1366 501112

Mon, 31 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 NEW NEW NEW CA Visual Objects 2.5 Trial Version ist avaiable

writes
Quote:
>So, basically it's worthless.  You get to play with the IDE and that's it ??

>--
>Gordon Hamm
>Voice Data Systems Inc.
>360-686-8315

No you can create applications but not run them outside of the IDE.
Any code you write can later be used with the full version. From what I
have seen I think it looks good (speaking as an old DOSer).
I managed to create a basic app in just a couple of hours.
Worth a look I think.
--
David C.M. Llewellyn
Elmtree Technics Computer Consultancy
Software for the Classic Car Industry
http://www.elmtree-technics.demon.co.uk
Voice: +44 (0)1366 501502
Fax:   +44 (0)1366 501112

Mon, 31 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 NEW NEW NEW CA Visual Objects 2.5 Trial Version ist avaiable

|So, basically it's worthless.  You get to play with the IDE and that's it
??

Commercially worthless yes but you can run (and debug) all the sample apps
and your own versions from the IDE (and import and run the .AEF's of other
peopls apps) so you'll get a real good idea of what it does. THe 'from the
IDE' apps don't run as fast as the fully compiled EXE's but they are not
that much slower - in fact I usually demo my apps from the IDE.

Cheers...

Will Chapman

Mon, 31 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 NEW NEW NEW CA Visual Objects 2.5 Trial Version ist avaiable
Hello All, sorry, could not resist...
Quote:

> >What are the restrictions on these evaluation copies?
> RDDs limit size of DBFs to 400 records

It's nice to test, say, RDD speed with no more than 400 records ~8-O
--
Regards, Vladimir (http://i.am/kzm, mailto:kzm11_at_geocities_dot_com)
* "Microsoft bombers failed to destroy Sun headquarters due to GPF"  *

Tue, 01 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 NEW NEW NEW CA Visual Objects 2.5 Trial Version ist avaiable

Hello All, sorry, could not resist...

Quote:

> >What are the restrictions on these evaluation copies?
> RDDs limit size of DBFs to 400 records

It's nice to test, say, RDD speed with no more than 400 records ~8-O

Thats true, however, although its leaning off topic I'd be glad to run some
bench marks and publish them here if you would like to give me the
comparable Clipper code. Perhaps someone would then run the same in the
other main languages?

HTH

Will Chapman

Tue, 01 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 NEW NEW NEW CA Visual Objects 2.5 Trial Version ist avaiable
Someone has already answered as to restrictions on the VO 2.5 demo. The VO
Tools evaluation versions are fully functional, but display a brag screen
the first time any function or class is instantiated, and again every 5 to
15 minutes thereafter.

HTH
Ross
www.electricpeople.com
www.epidirect.com

Quote:
> What are the restrictions on these evaluation copies?

> > Yes..

> > And while you're at it, you can download an evaluation version of VO
> Tools
> > 3.1 for VO 2.5 at
> http://www.electricpeople.com/Download_VOT32Bit_Demo.htm,
> > or from ftp.electricpeople.com!. <g>
> > Ross

> > > You can download a copy at KnowVo.com

> > > regards
> > > Juergen

Tue, 01 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 NEW NEW NEW CA Visual Objects 2.5 Trial Version ist avaiable
Hello Will and All.
Will Chapman wrote (edited):
Quote:
> Thats true, however, although its leaning off topic I'd be glad to run some
> bench marks and publish them here if you would like to give me the
> comparable Clipper code. Perhaps someone would then run the same in the
> other main languages?

To tell the truth, I don't wish to continue "C to W - which tool is
best?"
flame. I simply "could not resist", as I wrote. Concerning me, I'm not
able to
run VO 2.5 - I'm using 32-bit OS, but it's not windows 8-)
--
Regards, Vladimir (http://i.am/kzm, mailto:kzm11_at_geocities_dot_com)
* "Microsoft bombers failed to destroy Sun headquarters due to GPF"  *
*  (CNN, circa 2050 A.D.)                                            *

Fri, 04 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. New Brazilian Home Page about CA Visual Objects.

2. New Brazilian Home Page about CA Visual Objects

3. CA-Visual Objects 2.5

4. CA-Visual Objects 2.5

5. New F trial versions

6. The new Trinc-Prolog R1 Trial version is ready for downloading

7. SUnit 3.1 - new version, new web site

8. Dalby Source Printer for CW: New version with bugfixes and new features

9. Dalby Source Printer for CW: New version with bugfixes and new features

10. Announcing: new version of TASH and new website

11. New license/new version of UFFI

12. OBJECT CURRENTS - Free New Monthly WWW Journal - MANY NEW ISSUES