Clipper and Win nt.
Author Message
 Clipper and Win nt.

Hello,

We have a problem !!!!!!
We can not use  serial ports on Win 2000/NT with  our clipper program.

Can you help us to resolve this problem?
Is there any configuration to do?
Or any clipper commands?

Thank you.

Sun, 18 Jan 2004 16:29:09 GMT
 Clipper and Win nt.
Have the same problem here - unfortunately our only solution has been to
dual boot back to 98 when the serial ports are required.

> Hello,

> We have a problem !!!!!!
> We can not use  serial ports on Win 2000/NT with  our clipper program.

> Can you help us to resolve this problem?
> Is there any configuration to do?
> Or any clipper commands?

> Thank you.

Tue, 20 Jan 2004 21:46:47 GMT
 Clipper and Win nt.

Quote:

> Hello,

> We have a problem !!!!!!
> We can not use  serial ports on Win 2000/NT with  our clipper program.

> Can you help us to resolve this problem?
> Is there any configuration to do?
> Or any clipper commands?

U can try to make sure that the serial ports are not totally PnP (in
BIOS) but set to a fixed COM1-2.

I don't remember trouble with NT and COM, but you can go to the
Microsoft knowledge base (is it support.microsoft.com?) and look for: NT
serial DOS  or something like that.  They might have a knowledge base
article just explaining this situation.  (Probably your ports are
reserved for NT or something, or can only use the device files (comx:)
or something else)

Attila

Tue, 20 Jan 2004 22:17:42 GMT

1. Clipper And WIN NT

2. printing problem Clipper 5.1 / Win NT 4

3. Clipper on Win/NT network

4. Clipper and Win/NT

5. Clipper and Win NT

6. Clipper under WIN NT 4.0 WS

7. DOS ERROR (83) with Clipper on Win NT 4.0

8. Clipper Win NT Problem (slow)

9. SP 6 Win NT -> slowing clipper programs

10. Clipper app and mouse on Win NT Workstat/ Win2K

11. ANNOUNCEMENT: OTC Terminal for Clipper/Win NT

12. Clipper's File() function in Win NT 4