Changing Instance Names
Author Message
 Changing Instance Names

By use of header files I have managed to correct most spelling in Clipper,
whats easiest way of changing TBColumn Instance variable colorspec

Eg Would something like this work?

#translate SETCOLOUR(<a>) => SETCOLOR(<a>)
#translate SETCOLOUR() => SETCOLOR()
#translate COLOURSELECT(<a>) => COLORSELECT(<a>)

I will test myself later - just wondered in anyone else has already done it.

Sun, 29 Feb 2004 17:44:48 GMT
 Changing Instance Names

Quote:
> By use of header files I have managed to correct most spelling in Clipper,
> whats easiest way of changing TBColumn Instance variable colorspec

Out of interest, why would you want to "correct" the spelling? How are they
broken exactly?

Do you correct the spelling of musical terms too?

--
Dave Pearson                        |  OSLib - Timeslice release functions.
http://www.davep.org/               |     eg - Norton Guide reader for Linux.

Sun, 29 Feb 2004 20:05:12 GMT
 Changing Instance Names

Quote:

> By use of header files I have managed to correct most spelling in Clipper,
> whats easiest way of changing TBColumn Instance variable colorspec

> Eg Would something like this work?

> #translate SETCOLOUR(<a>) => SETCOLOR(<a>)
> #translate SETCOLOUR() => SETCOLOR()
> #translate COLOURSELECT(<a>) => COLORSELECT(<a>)

> I will test myself later - just wondered in anyone else has already done it.

The original spelling _is_ correct.  It is US spelling.

Sun, 29 Feb 2004 21:31:46 GMT
 Changing Instance Names
Because we are dealing with specifications of colour in a TBrowse column, so
I would like the correct spelling.

Sun, 29 Feb 2004 21:51:22 GMT
 Changing Instance Names

Quote:
>>The original spelling _is_ correct.  It is US spelling.

So why did S'87 support English spelling?

When you're typing away you tend to use English spellings with an English
based language.

We invented the language so we should know the correct spellings <vbg>

Sun, 29 Feb 2004 21:53:50 GMT
 Changing Instance Names

Quote:

> > #translate SETCOLOUR(<a>) => SETCOLOR(<a>)

> The original spelling _is_ correct.  It is US spelling.

Erm, Attila... that's a contradiction ;-).

Richard

Sun, 29 Feb 2004 22:54:22 GMT
 Changing Instance Names

Quote:
> Because we are dealing with specifications of colour in a TBrowse column,
> so I would like the correct spelling.

That doesn't make any sense. What spellings are incorrect that they need
correcting? Or, more to the point, if your native language was German would
you be correcting most of the language?

--
Dave Pearson                        |  OSLib - Timeslice release functions.
http://www.davep.org/               |     eg - Norton Guide reader for Linux.
http://www.davep.org/clipper/       |    weg - Norton Guide reader for Windows.
http://www.davep.org/norton-guides/ | dgscan - DGROUP scanner for Clipper.

Sun, 29 Feb 2004 22:59:45 GMT
 Changing Instance Names

Quote:

> > > #translate SETCOLOUR(<a>) => SETCOLOR(<a>)

> > The original spelling _is_ correct.  It is US spelling.

> Erm, Attila... that's a contradiction ;-).

> Richard

Them US blokes twisted the revered English language to suit them tongues
(or should be tongs ? <g>), cheque became check, colour became color,
I am told the US million is different from the English million ...
Them US blokes' English is definitely not the Queen's English :)

Sa

Mon, 01 Mar 2004 14:06:03 GMT
 Changing Instance Names

Quote:
>>if your native language was German would
>>you be correcting most of the language?

Probably!

Mon, 01 Mar 2004 00:07:24 GMT

1. instances of classes and instances of instances

2. How to name instance variables

3. #name of instance

4. Singleton methods and instance methods with same name?

5. instance variables by name?

6. verilog instance name length

7. escaped instance names

8. help: escaped instance names

9. Passing module instance names to modules

10. Display instance name

11. Instance Name Extraction???

12. I need to find instance name in NC Verilog