Internal Error 1210
Author Message
 Internal Error 1210

Anyone know what internal error 1210 is? I'm geeting this error whe
replacing the contents of a field in an indexed dbf file.  The index is
an "NDX" type. (don't ask me why)  Any help would be appreciated.

Sun, 17 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Internal Error 1210

   1210     Data and Index files out of sync

   Database (DBF) files and index (NTX) files are out of sync.  This
   usually happens when the database is updated without the index being
   open.

   If the cause of the problem was that the database was updated
   through a utility external to the application, simply recreate the
   index (NTX) file and restart the application.

   If the database was not updated outside of the application, check the
   code for the application to ensure that all indexes are open when
   updates are being done.  Correct the code, recreate the index (NTX)
   files, and restart the application.

Quote:

> Anyone know what internal error 1210 is? I'm geeting this error whe
> replacing the contents of a field in an indexed dbf file.  The index is
> an "NDX" type. (don't ask me why)  Any help would be appreciated.

Sun, 17 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Internal Error 1210

Quote:
>Anyone know what internal error 1210 is? I'm geeting this error whe
>replacing the contents of a field in an indexed dbf file.  The index is
>an "NDX" type. (don't ask me why)  Any help would be appreciated.

IE 1210: Database and indexes are out of sync.

This will happen if data is modified or appended to a database and the
index was not open.  Make sure that all indexes are open whenever the
database is opened for possible modification.

Since the *.ndx index indicates this is a dBase III+ file, users may
be using other database software to modify this file ad hoc, without
properly opening the indexes.

Some clipper developers using multiple indexes contained in
single-index formats ( *.ntx and *.ndx ) have reported this error
being caused simply by opening the index files in varying order, so it
may be wise to make sure that all indexes are opened in the same order
every time the database is opened.

To repair the index, delete it and rebuild in using the INDEX command.

To look up internal error messages yourself, visit the Oasis web site
and download IERROR.NG:

   http://www.iag.net/~philb

Mon, 18 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Erratic internal error 1210 in clipper 5.2e app using DBFCDX - Error (0/1)

2. Erratic internal error 1210 in clipper 5.2e app using DBFCDX - Error (1/1)

3. internal error 1210

4. Internal error 1210 ???

5. Internal error 1210

6. Internal error 1210 running under Win95b

7. Erratic internal error 1210 in clipper 5.2e using DBFCDX

8. Internal Error 1210...

9. Help: internal Error 1210 in Clipper 5.2e program

10. DBCOMMITAL(0) Internal error 1210

11. Internal Error 1210

12. Internal Error 1210