33 Lines Text Screen Mode
Author Message
 33 Lines Text Screen Mode

Hi,

does anyone know how the screen mode can be switched to
80 Cols, 33 Lines, 70Hz in a Clipper 5.2 application?
This mode is used. e.g. by MultiEdit for DOS and to me it seems to
be one of the best available resolutions in Text mode.

Thanks, Harald

  weinreich.vcf
< 1K Download

Tue, 05 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 33 Lines Text Screen Mode
Hi, setmode(<lines>,<columns>) will do it (eventually).
Returns .t., if successful.
Check maxrow() and maxcol() afterwards.
HTH
Gerhard

Tue, 05 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 33 Lines Text Screen Mode

Hi

Quote:

> Hi, setmode(<lines>,<columns>) will do it (eventually).
> Returns .t., if successful.
> Check maxrow() and maxcol() afterwards.
> HTH
> Gerhard

I tried that already - it doesn't work for 33 lines.

Is there any other idea?

Harald

  weinreich.vcf
< 1K Download

Tue, 05 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 33 Lines Text Screen Mode

Quote:

>Hi,

>does anyone know how the screen mode can be switched to
>80 Cols, 33 Lines, 70Hz in a Clipper 5.2 application?
>This mode is used. e.g. by MultiEdit for DOS and to me it seems to
>be one of the best available resolutions in Text mode.

>Thanks, Harald

Take a look on my WEB site  (and also on Phil Barnett's), there you'll find
a copy of BJDFONTS ....  Which contains enough sample code, and library code
to achieve this very easily.   I believe the demo that is contained within
BJDFONTS uses 28 line mode, but from this you will see very easily how
33-lines can be achieved.

Good luck, and should you need any further assistance, just email me.

Bri
--

              http://www.crox.demon.co.uk/cellar/
              ICQ: 14502575

Tue, 05 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 33 Lines Text Screen Mode

That works! It can be even used to display the new EURO-Symbol
on a DOS screen and it's windows9x compatible!

Thanks, Harald

Quote:

> Take a look on my WEB site  (and also on Phil Barnett's), there you'll find
> a copy of BJDFONTS ....  Which contains enough sample code, and library code
> to achieve this very easily.   I believe the demo that is contained within
> BJDFONTS uses 28 line mode, but from this you will see very easily how
> 33-lines can be achieved.

>               http://www.crox.demon.co.uk/cellar/
>               ICQ: 14502575
> Shh! Be vewy, vewy qwiewet!  I'm hunting wuntime ewwors

  vcard.vcf
< 1K Download

Wed, 06 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 33 Lines Text Screen Mode

Quote:

>That works! It can be even used to display the new EURO-Symbol
>on a DOS screen and it's windows9x compatible!

Good well its nice to see that in a world full of Windows GUI apps, that
someone will still find it of use.

Incidentally, and a note of caution ...  I've just had my machine upgraded
here, and a new AGP graphics card installed  (8MB Intel740);  and noticed
very quickly that the bios doesn't seem to support user-def fonts!!!

Well thats actually not quite true from what I can tell, but i've not yet
done too much investigation as to whats happening, and why... needless to
say, an app that used 28-line soft-fonts and worked on every other machine I
tried, failed to display the character set properly on the new AGP graphics
card.

Bri.
--

              http://www.crox.demon.co.uk/cellar/
              ICQ: 14502575
Shh! Be vewy, vewy qwiewet!  I'm hunting wuntime ewwors

Fri, 08 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Text widget --screen lines vs. text lines

2. question about Interupt 33 fct 9 (mouse in graphic mode)

3. compatexport.cpp line 33 error

4. File "in3sun34.py", line 33, in AttributeError: HTTPConnection

5. ERROR 33: Unresolved text symbol "__new_cfgetospeed"

6. screen scrolling in Text mode

7. Q: Text mode screen page...

8. Reading text from graphics mode screen

9. Dividing the screen in text mode?

10. Screen copied text onto command line means nothing