Help: My 'RAT' behaves badly
Author Message
 Help: My 'RAT' behaves badly

Hello Folks,

MSETCURSOR(.f.) turns off the display features of a mouse, but doesn't
appear to fully disable it.

For example, if you construct a table TBROWSE with edit capabilities,
and move the mouse while focused on any editable cell, the movement
will replace the first character of the cell field with another
character. (  CHR(233 ) if you're interested. )

Someone suggested I could use the following code to resolve that:

#ifdef MOUSE
        SET( _SET_EVENTMASK, INKEY_KEYBOARD+INKEY_LDOWN+INKEY_RDOWN)
        MSETCURSOR(.f.)
#else
        SET( _SET_EVENTMASK,INKEY_KEYBOARD)
#endif

I have two questions about this:

(1)
If I enter that code as it is, the program will execute the #else
line. (???) That leaves the program exactly as it was. What do I need
to do to insure the thing will execute the #ifdef line?
( Presumably, the #ifDef line will COMPLETLY disable mouse input
temporarily )

(2)
Will I enter that abbove code only in the MAIN() module, or do I need
to include it in each module that will require the mouse to be
temporarily disabled. Like in ALL the TBROWSE modules?

Many- many-Many thanks

Paul Bruneau

Sun, 30 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. 'after' behaves strangely in Windows

2. ``Is Worse (Still) Better?'': looking for info on OOPSLA 2000 panel with Gabriel

3. Derived class behaving badly

4. Browse Behaving Badly

5. begin/end doesn't behave as expected

6. Let's force synthesizers to behave

7. Can't an object behave as a sequence and as a mapping at the same

8. Menus don't behave properly

9. YR2K--Worse Than They're Telling Us

10. Cosmo Player's controls are the worst!

11. Wanted: world's worst fortran -- was Fortran Strangeness

12. world's worst comment