help i need help
Author Message
 help i need help

Hello, i'm new here

I'm a student in management and a frend asked me to help him with
his clipper program. I've got the full recource en clipper 5.2
program. My problem is i can't seem to compile the program.
I'm fimiliar with Pascal, c, foxpro. Isn't there a command line
execution program. I don't know if i put this right but in pascal,
c, foxpro i can execute 1 line at a time. I wanna do this with the
clipper program so i can see how the program works.

If you could please help me, it's rather importent to me

Thanks in advance

please send reaktion to

Mon, 09 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 help i need help

Quote:

>Hello, i'm new here
>I'm a student in management and a frend asked me to help him with
>his clipper program. I've got the full recource en clipper 5.2
>program. My problem is i can't seem to compile the program.
>I'm fimiliar with pascal, c, foxpro. Isn't there a command line
>execution program. I don't know if i put this right but in pascal,
>c, foxpro i can execute 1 line at a time. I wanna do this with the
>clipper program so i can see how the program works.

O.K., let's see.  Clipper has a compiler which creates an execuatable.
With the executable you can run the program (but you can't stop it and
process each line).  Now, here's where I can help you.  There should
be a program with the clipper compiler called "CLD.EXE".  This is the
de{*filter*} for clipper.  This will let you step through the program one
line at a time, check variables, etc.

To use the program, compile your .PRG files with the /B option (along
with any others that you use).  This will put line numbers into the
OBJ file which will help the de{*filter*} track your code when it runs.

You'll probably have to get the clipper books out and look up the
de{*filter*} to see what you can do after it's running.

Have fun...

        - Chuck

Mon, 09 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 help i need help

Quote:

>Hello, i'm new here
>I'm a student in management and a frend asked me to help him with
>his clipper program. I've got the full recource en clipper 5.2
>program. My problem is i can't seem to compile the program.
>I'm fimiliar with pascal, c, foxpro. Isn't there a command line
>execution program. I don't know if i put this right but in pascal,
>c, foxpro i can execute 1 line at a time. I wanna do this with the
>clipper program so i can see how the program works.
>If you could please help me, it's rather importent to me
>Thanks in advance

You will need to you the de{*filter*}.  Link your application the the /b
switch and run your app in the de{*filter*} like this:

cld  myapp

You can use F8 to step thru the app.

Regards,

Bill Barnes
WEB Software & Consulting, Inc. - USA
Provide a valuable, automated service for businesses in your area,
              *** Remote Backups! ***

http://www.*-*-*.com/

Mon, 16 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. HELP - I need help

2. Help Files, Need Help

3. HELP I NEED HELP !! PCX FILES DECODER NEEDED!

5. help! f90.help help help help

6. HELP HELP HELP HELP

7. HELP HELP HELP HELP

9. help help help help!!!!!!!!!!!

10. (HELP (HELP (HELP (HELP))))

11. HELP: HELP: HELP: HELP: Online-manual on Expect

12. Please Help - NetTools Help File needed