Clipper under Chinese OS ETen system
Author Message
 Clipper under Chinese OS ETen system

Has anyone got experience to make Clipper to work with Chinese OS Eten
System.

I started up Eten and invoke my Clipper program.  After logging on and
displaying the main menu, it hangs !

If you have similar experience and know the solution, pls drop me a
line.  If you think you can guess what has happened, pls advise as well.

Thanks !

Wed, 14 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Clipper under Chinese OS ETen system

Quote:

>Has anyone got experience to make Clipper to work with Chinese OS Eten
>System.
>I started up Eten and invoke my Clipper program.  After logging on and
>displaying the main menu, it hangs !
>If you have similar experience and know the solution, pls drop me a
>line.  If you think you can guess what has happened, pls advise as well.

In Taiwan, there are lots of s/w products written in Clipper running under
Eten in the market. Often, you may get hang yourself due to the shortage of
system memory. Pls make sure you have enough memory for your Clipper
application after Eten system.

Hope this help.

---
Kuolong Pan,
s?|?-??L

Fri, 16 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Clipper under Chinese OS ETen system

Quote:

>Has anyone got experience to make Clipper to work with Chinese OS Eten
>System.
>I started up Eten and invoke my Clipper program.  After logging on and
>displaying the main menu, it hangs !
>If you have similar experience and know the solution, pls drop me a
>line.  If you think you can guess what has happened, pls advise as well.
>Thanks !

1. First and the most important, run your application without loading
the ETen software, will the system halted? (or there is a infinite
loop in your program)
2. If not the case, check the conventional memory, the minimum memory
must be at least 450KB.
3. Check Clipper environment setting.
4. Check your computer display card. Is it compatible with ETen
software?
5. In Config.sys
        FILES=50 (and above)
        BUFFERS=20 (and above)
        DEVICE=SHARE.EXE /F:5100 /L:500 (optional)
6. In Autoexec.bat
        Set Clipper=F50 (and above)
        Set Tmp=C:\Temp (the temporary directory location)

Good Luck.

Chee Keong

Sun, 18 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Clipper under Chinese OS ETen system
: Has anyone got experience to make Clipper to work with Chinese OS Eten
: System.

: I started up Eten and invoke my Clipper program.  After logging on and
: displaying the main menu, it hangs !

: If you have similar experience and know the solution, pls drop me a
: line.  If you think you can guess what has happened, pls advise as well.

: Thanks !

We have much experience with developing Clipper application with ET. The
most problem is memory constrain, as Clipper programs are memory-eaters.

In this case, we use a linkder called Exospace to compile the program.
It makes the exe be able to used the extended memory. This is very useful
if you have the system run under network as well as ET.

Simon Kwan
Delta Innovative Software

Mon, 19 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Clipper under Chinese OS ETen system

Quote:

>  Has anyone got experience to make Clipper to work with Chinese OS Eten
>  System.

>  I started up Eten and invoke my Clipper program.  After logging on and
>  displaying the main menu, it hangs !

>  If you have similar experience and know the solution, pls drop me a
>  line.  If you think you can guess what has happened, pls advise as well.

>  Thanks !

May I suggest that you contact Joseph Wang at Win & Win SoftDistribution Co., LTD. In Taipai

Joseph has been in my office here in the USA and showed me Clipper apps running under
Eten (which he helped to develop I think).  I know that he also has a Clipper library
that makes working with Eten much better.

His phone number is 886-2-755-2020
Fax 886-2-709-1608

:=JHS

John H. Stolte, Sr. - Omicron Software Publishing Corp.
**** Publisher of FiveWin - FiveDOS and FiveOS2 for Clipper! ****
14 High Street  P.O. Box 87, Cartersville {*filter*}ia 23027 USA
[Voice] (804) 375-9703 - [Fax] (804) 375-9733 -
[BBS] (804) 375-9639 Compuserve: 71334,3020

FTP Site: ftp://ftp/wji.com/omicron
WWW Home Page:   http://www.*-*-*.com/

Mon, 19 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Clipper under Chinese OS ETen system
Any more information about your RMK file and link script. If you are
using Clipper 5.2c and Blinker 3.01 modify the link script can work in
ETEN or Kuo Chiao Chinese system.

Mon, 26 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Eten Chinese System 3.52, Clipper 5.2e, Exospace 1.0g, Clipper Tools 3.0b Problem

2. Chinese operating system ETEN, please help

3. Clipper run on Chinese OS ?????????????????????

4. Clipper under Chinese OS

5. Memory problems when using clipper application under Chinese System Kuo Chiau

6. Clipper on Chinese System

7. Use Clipper in Eten

8. Barcode printing in Clipper 5.2e + ETen 3.52

9. Use Clipper in Eten

10. Use Clipper in Eten

11. Chinese Win OS, DOS BOX

12. How can make tcl/expect support chinese OS?