Error DBFCDX/1011 Write Error DOS ERROR 6
Author Message
 Error DBFCDX/1011 Write Error DOS ERROR 6

I have a clipper application running using NT4 as a sever. There are 2
stations that generate the following error:

Error DBFCDX/1011 Write Error DOS ERROR 6

Only happens on those 2, the files are set to 120 and the set clipper
command inautoexec.bat on all of the stations as follows:
SET CLIPPER=F10;E:0

How i can solve the problem to those 2 particular station.
Thanks

Wed, 02 Jun 2004 03:18:11 GMT
 Error DBFCDX/1011 Write Error DOS ERROR 6
DOS error 6 is an invalid file handle.  Since it's only happining on two
workstations it's probably an OS or hardware issue.  I am wondering,
though, why you're limiting yourself to 10 file handles in the SET
CLIPPER value.  I usually set it to at least 100.

BTW you can "burn in" your clipper settings if you link using Blinker.
Instead of using SET CLIPPER in autoexec.bat, put this line at the top
of the link script:

BLINKER EXECUTABLE CLIPPER //F:100 //E:0
--
Earth first!  We can mine the other planets later.

Mon, 07 Jun 2004 07:37:14 GMT

1. help! dbfntx/1011 write error -dos err 5

2. Dos error 5 : write error to LPT1

3. Write Error (DOS Error 5)

4. Comix 1011 error

5. Error BASE/2012 Create error: AC01.DBF (DOS Error 32)

6. Erratic internal error 1210 in clipper 5.2e app using DBFCDX - Error (0/1)

7. Erratic internal error 1210 in clipper 5.2e app using DBFCDX - Error (1/1)

8. DOS Error 3, TERM/2014 Create error: LPT2.PRN

9. DOS ERROR 5 or ERROR HANDLER

10. Error DBFNTX/1003 DOS ERROR 55

11. Unrecoverable error 24: Write error -- Win 95 only

12. what is a DOS error code 170 DBFNTX/1001 open error =