Help in Compiling Clipper 5.3 programs
Author Message
 Help in Compiling Clipper 5.3 programs

Quote:
> I'm a new programmer to clipper 5.3 And I having a major problem.
> Ihave a small program, about 10 lines of code.  I have compiled using a
the
> normal blinker routines and I end up with a 200k exe. can I get it
smaller
> The program just calls basic xbase functions. like delete copy pack
etc,,,,
> Any help would be appriciated
> Bear

Hi Bear,

Clipper runtime routine does take some space which means you'll always get
at least that size of EXE file. That is most evident when you have a very
small PRG file because the runtime is more or less of a fixed size. If you
increase your PRG file, you'll see that your EXE won't increase
proportionally from there onwards.
With Clipper 5.2e (which I'm using) and Blinker 3.01, I can then apply a
shareware program called PKLITE which compresses the EXE file and keeps it
still executable. You may have a try with Clipper 5.3...

Hope this helps.

--
Estevao Raminhos

http://www.*-*-*.com/

Wed, 06 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help in Compiling clipper 5.3 programs

2. Help Compiling Summer 87 under CA-Clipper 5.3

3. NEED HELP - Random exit in clipper 5.3 program !!!

4. Nanforum Compiled for Clipper 5.3

5. Compiling MSC8 for use with Clipper 5.3

6. Clipper 5.3 weird compiles...

7. Q: Compiling large includes with Clipper 5.3

8. clipper 5.3 shareware programs

9. Clipper 5.3 to 5.3 upgrade problem

10. Clipper 5.3 program problem with W95/Novell

11. Crash Clipper 5.3 program linked with Exospace under Windows 95

12. fax within a CA Clipper 5.3 program