Harbour question
Author Message
 Harbour question

Hi all,

Just a couple of simple questions:

1) Does [x]Harbour have built in support for ActiveX controls
   (OCX) in forms.

2) Does [x]Harbour support calls to ActiveX DLLs (automation objects) as
   native objects and/or similar functionallity.

regards

Manos
Athens, Greece

Sat, 24 Dec 2005 17:49:31 GMT
 Harbour question
Manos

Quote:
> 1) Does [x]Harbour have built in support for ActiveX controls
>    (OCX) in forms.

No. Not yet.

Quote:
> 2) Does [x]Harbour support calls to ActiveX DLLs (automation objects) as
>    native objects and/or similar functionallity.

Yes.

oExcel := CreateObject( 'Excel.Application' )
oAS  := oExcel:ActiveSheet()
oAS:cells:font:name := 'Ariel'

Enough to demonstrate?

Regards

Pritpal Bedi, INDIA    |    a student of software analysis & design
http://www.vouchcac.com    |    Vouch, the software that grows with you
http://www.vouchcac.com/harbour/harbour.htm    |    [x]Harbour Demo
http://www.vouchcac.com/vouch32/vouch32.htm    |    Vouch32 . Windows
Extended Library for Clipper, XBase++ & xHarbour

Sat, 24 Dec 2005 22:07:00 GMT
 Harbour question

Hi,

What I had in mind was ways of using harbour with modern database
managers as I will not be using the DBF format again (ever). I was
thinking ADO + Access and/or SQL server that I am quite familiar with.
Would something like this be possible:

oRs := CreateObject( 'ADODB.Recordset' )
oRs:open("select * from customers", cConnStr)
? oRs:eof

Also, if the above is possible, is this functionality built into the
binary disttribution or do I need to get some 3rd party component ?

Thanks for the help

regards

Manos

Athens, Greece

Originally posted by Pritpal Bedi

Quote:
> Manos

> > 1) Does [x]Harbour have built in support for ActiveX
>     controls
> >    (OCX) in forms.

> No. Not yet.

> > 2) Does [x]Harbour support calls to ActiveX DLLs (automation
>     objects) as
> >    native objects and/or similar functionallity.

> Yes.

> oExcel := CreateObject( 'Excel.Application' )
> oAS  := oExcel:ActiveSheet()
> oAS:cells:font:name := 'Ariel'

> Enough to demonstrate?

> Regards

> Pritpal Bedi, INDIA    |    a student of software analysis & design
> http://www.vouchcac.com/http://www.vouchcac.com    |
> Vouch, the software that grows with you
> http://www.vouchcac.com/harbour/harbour.htm"]http://www.vouchca-
> c.com/harbour/harbour.htm[/url]    |    [x]Harbour Demo
> http://www.vouchcac.com/vouch32/vouch32.htm"]http://www.vouchca-
> c.com/vouch32/vouch32.htm[/url]    |    Vouch32 . Windows

Extended Library for Clipper, XBase++ & xHarbour

Sat, 24 Dec 2005 23:29:08 GMT
 Harbour question

Quote:
> What I had in mind was ways of using harbour with modern database
> managers as I will not be using the DBF format again (ever). I was
> thinking ADO + Access and/or SQL server that I am quite familiar with.
> Would something like this be possible:

> oRs := CreateObject( 'ADODB.Recordset' )
> oRs:open("select * from customers", cConnStr)
> ? oRs:eof

Yes, exactly.

Quote:
> Also, if the above is possible, is this functionality built into the
> binary disttribution or do I need to get some 3rd party component ?

Built in, as long as your on Windows.

Ron

Sun, 25 Dec 2005 05:31:09 GMT
 Harbour question

Thanks,

I'll give it a shot. Let u know what happens :)

regards

Originally posted by Ron Pinkas

Quote:
> > What I had in mind was ways of using harbour with modern
>     database
> > managers as I will not be using the DBF format again (ever). I
>     was
> > thinking ADO + Access and/or SQL server that I am quite familiar
>     with.
> > Would something like this be possible:
> > oRs := CreateObject( 'ADODB.Recordset' )
> > oRs:open("select * from customers", cConnStr)
> > ? oRs:eof

> Yes, exactly.

> > Also, if the above is possible, is this functionality built into
>     the
> > binary disttribution or do I need to get some 3rd party
>     component ?

> Built in, as long as your on Windows.

Ron

Sun, 25 Dec 2005 15:25:46 GMT

1. Harbour Questions

2. Pearl Harbour movie

3. Yet Another Links For Harbour Snapshot

4. harbour mailing list

5. New ApolloRDD for [x]Harbour ready!

6. HARBOUR: Different versions of same build???

7. Newbie Harbour-Project Help

8. Harbour & 32bits

9. clip harbour xharbour

10. Harbour: Release 42 is online