HELP: Clipper 5.2e debugger very slow to appear under W2KPro
Author Message
 HELP: Clipper 5.2e debugger very slow to appear under W2KPro

Hello,

Invoking the de{*filter*} (alt-d) while testing a Clipper 5.2e app in a W2K cmd
prompt window produces a very long delay (10 secs or more) before the damn
thing appears. The same thing happens when exiting an app that has been
compiled with /b.

My testing has shown that it may have something to do with the number of
other applications loaded at the time but I am unable to prove this
conclusively as the behaviour remains largely unchanged after closing all
other apps. I suspect some sort of tweaking of the cmd prompt window
settings may be required but again my own testing has proved fruitless.

Any ideas anyone?

TIA

Ron Polak

Fri, 20 Feb 2004 13:47:49 GMT
 HELP: Clipper 5.2e debugger very slow to appear under W2KPro
Ron

I'm not seeing anything like that but my settings are:

Memory tab
    Expanded - None
    Extended  - None
    The rest all on 'Auto'

Screen tab
    Full screen

Misc tab
    The top three - unchecked
    Warn if still active - checked
    Fast pasting - checked
    Idle sensitivity - 50%
    Windows shortcut keys all checked

--
HTH
Steve Quinn

Fri, 20 Feb 2004 17:42:25 GMT

1. Clipper 5.2e debugger, Blinker6.0

2. Clipper 5.3 slower than 5.2e

3. Clipper 5.2e Debugger under Win95

4. clipper 5.2e dosbox win 95 printing slow

5. Clipper 5.2E Debugger & Win95

6. Clipper debugger 5.2e won't work with Win95

7. HELP!!!! Clipper 5.2e on NT

8. help re- windows 2000 and clipper 5.2e

9. Clipper 5.2e Locking up NT Workstation (Help wanted)

10. Win95, NT 4.0 Server, Clipper 5.2e - NEED HELP - URGENT

11. Help with APPEND with Clipper 5.2e

12. HELP: VM Errors in Clipper 5.2e