R&R DOS and Clipper 5.2e in Novell 6.0
Author Message
 R&R DOS and Clipper 5.2e in Novell 6.0

Hi Guys

I have this problem with one of my customer
everything was fine for 5 years, now the customer
upgraded to Novell 6.0 from 5.11.

Now some reports can not run in R&R, my system calls
R&R ver 6.0 Dos

 CANNOT FIND FILE (FILE NAME.TMP) = the file is #????.??#

Is a tmp file that R&R creates.

This is the Help file:

 R&R can't locate or open the program-generated file containing temporary
 sort information. If you are working on a network, another user may be
 causing a file conflict. See the Configuration Appendix in "Using R&R" for
 information about multi-user operation of R&R. You may also have a disk
 error.

I took the same data to my server, Win 2000 Server and it runs OK.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Jos Zouain
Zeta Concepts, Inc.

Zeta Pro - Inventory Control Accounting System
www.zetaconcepts.com

Sat, 02 Apr 2005 05:08:20 GMT
 R&R DOS and Clipper 5.2e in Novell 6.0
Jos

Could it be permissions on creating a temp file.
Maybe point the SWAPPATH/TEMPPATH to a local partition.

--
HTH
Steve Quinn

Sat, 02 Apr 2005 08:40:36 GMT

1. Clipper 5.2e & Blinker 6.0

2. Clipper 5.2e, Clipper Tools and Novell 5 ???

3. For, Clip-4-Dos & Clipper 5.2e

4. DOS printing with Clipper 5.2e & Win2000

5. clipper & novell (dos error 65)

6. Novell 3.12 - Clipper 5.2e - JetDirect

7. Clipper 5.2e run on Novell 6

8. Clipper 87/5.2e / Novell / Cache

9. using novell 4.11, clipper 5.2e, blinker 3.x,

10. Clipper 5.2e + Exospace + W98 + Novell 4

11. Clipper 5.2e + Exospace + W98 + Novell 4

12. Clipper 5.2e on a Novell 4.1 network