decompile .obj-file into .prg-file
Author Message
 decompile .obj-file into .prg-file

I need a decompiler with which i can decompile a .obj-file into a
.prg-file.
I work with Clipper 5.3b.
Valkyrie won't work, he keeps telling me that my .exe is not made with
clipper.
maybe it's becouse i link with blinker 4.10, or is it becouse i make
extended executables

if anyone could help me.
thanks

Dirk plug

Mon, 20 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 decompile .obj-file into .prg-file

Dirk

Valkyrie won't decompile an exe linked with Blinker 4.
Try using rtlink if its only the one .obj your trying to decompile.

HTH
--
Steve Quinn
BRUTE Computer Services - Australia

http://www.brutecom.com.au

Quote:
> I need a decompiler with which i can decompile a .obj-file into a
> .prg-file.
> I work with Clipper 5.3b.
> Valkyrie won't work, he keeps telling me that my .exe is not made with
> clipper.
> maybe it's becouse i link with blinker 4.10, or is it becouse i make
> extended executables

> if anyone could help me.
> thanks

> Dirk plug

Mon, 20 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 decompile .obj-file into .prg-file

Quote:

> Valkyrie won't decompile an exe linked with Blinker 4.
> Try using rtlink if its only the one .obj your trying to decompile.

Steve,

You're right about no linker support for Blinker past 3.0 or maybe 3.1.

Not only that, but I don't think that it supports Clipper 5.3 at all.
Remember that C-A changed MSC versions for building 5.3, and the startup
code won't be recognized by the VPP preprocessor. At least it wouldn't
when I parted ways with Dave, and I don't think he ever updated it.

Neil
MythoLogics
(author of Valkyrie VPP preprocessor)

Mon, 20 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 decompile .obj-file into .prg-file

Quote:

>I need a decompiler with which i can decompile a .obj-file into a
>.prg-file.
>I work with Clipper 5.3b.
>Valkyrie won't work, he keeps telling me that my .exe is not made with
>clipper.
>maybe it's becouse i link with blinker 4.10, or is it becouse i make
>extended executables

I don't believe Valkyrie can decompile Clipper .exe's linked with
versions of Blinker higher than 2.x. As to whether or not it can
handle Clipper 5.3x .exe's, I'm not sure about that.

Mon, 20 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 decompile .obj-file into .prg-file

Neil

Quote:
> You're right about no linker support for Blinker past 3.0 or maybe 3.1.

I read here that anything upto Blinker 3.3 is recoverable.

--
Steve Quinn
BRUTE Computer Services - Australia

http://www.brutecom.com.au

Mon, 20 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 decompile .obj-file into .prg-file

Quote:

>I need a decompiler with which i can decompile a .obj-file into a
>.prg-file.
>I work with Clipper 5.3b.
>Valkyrie won't work, he keeps telling me that my .exe is not made with
>clipper.
>maybe it's becouse i link with blinker 4.10, or is it becouse i make
>extended executables

>if anyone could help me.

I can help you stop wasting time.

There is no decompiler for5.3x. There is no decompiler for anything
linked with Blinker 4.x.

--

        Oasis WWW  http://www.iag.net/~philb/
 Oasis WWW Mirror  http://www.enterconnex.com/oasis/

             It's time to change my tag line.

Tue, 21 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 decompile .obj-file into .prg-file

Quote:

> Neil
> > You're right about no linker support for Blinker past 3.0 or maybe 3.1.
> I read here that anything upto Blinker 3.3 is recoverable.

> --
> Steve Quinn

Steve,

As I recall, the last version that I was working with was 3.1, and I
don't think the I ever even got VPP to work correctly on all files
linked with THAT one. Blinker was always a headache for me because it
had so many options that affected the .exe configuration, so it was
tough to discover them all and plan for them.

The decompilers don't handle 5.3, as far as I know. It's not the pcode
that was a problem... I don't even recall if there were any changes to
the pcode or not from 5.2. But as I mentioned, Clipper 5.3 was built
with Microsoft C version 7 (or whichever version came with early
releases of Visual C++, I forget exactly), while all prior versions
since Summer '87 used MSC version 5.1. The VPP preprocessor has to
recognize the Clipper startup code (actually the startup code from the
MSC runtime library) for two reasons. First, in order to be sure it is
dealing with a Clipper application at all, and secondly, to read some
pointers to routines that it needs (to subsequently find pointers to
static data items). Since Clipper 5.3 statup code doesn't match the
earlier MSC code, it won't be recognized, and VPP will exit, thinking
that it's not dealing with a Clipper application.

I don't think Dave ever upgraded the VPP code after we split up, but
it's possible...

Neil

Tue, 21 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to transform .obj file return to .prg file

2. Decompile Obj or Lib File ?

3. Combining C and PRG In One OBJ File

4. Link a MASM .obj file with a C .obj file

5. VC++ obj file link to asm obj file with alink(not working)

6. UN COMPILER CLIPPER ALL VERSION (from EXE Files translate to PRG Files)

7. CLARION is unresolved in file d:\cw55\obj\skifer.obj

8. URGENT: someone willing to decompile Summer '85 file

9. Decompile Ada .exe Files?

10. Decompile Fortran Executable File

11. Can I decompile PYC files?

12. decompile a .chm file?