DBU field delete question
Author Message
 DBU field delete question

I'm using a dBase III database as a basis for a banking program.  I entered
in some eronious data in one of the fields, and now I need to delete that
data.  I've deleted the entire field, and recreated it, but to no avail
(data still there).  I'm using DBU (and Access 97 to see if the changes
took).  If there is a way to do it through Access 97 , I'm open, but I've
had no luck until now.

Thanks!!!
Blake

--

Humans should delete all capital letters in this address.

     By US Code Title 47, Sec.227(a)(2)(B), a computer/modem/printer
     meets the definition of a telephone fax machine. By Sec.227(b)
     (1)(C), it is unlawful to send any unsolicited adverti{*filter*}t to
     such equipment, punishable by action to recover actual monetary
     loss, or $500, whichever is greater, for EACH violation.
SPAMMERS  You've been
warned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fri, 24 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 DBU field delete question

Access97 uses the Jet 3.5 engine and will not remove deleted records
from your dbf file .. it will "mark" them for deletion just as dbase
does.. if you wish to remove the marked deleted records with access
then you'll have to manually do it with a do while not eof loop and
copy records out that are not deleted to another temp database then go
through the process of deleting/renaming or renaming/deleting (which
ever you prefer)

However in dbase.. the records are only marked as well .. and issuing
a PACK command will remove them.
you can keep your deleted records in the database, and simple
use the set deleted  command to toggle wether you want to view them or
not.

Quote:
>>I'm using a dBase III database as a basis for a banking program.  I entered
>>in some eronious data in one of the fields, and now I need to delete that
>>data.  I've deleted the entire field, and recreated it, but to no avail
>>(data still there).  I'm using DBU (and Access 97 to see if the changes
>>took).  If there is a way to do it through Access 97 , I'm open, but I've
>>had no luck until now.

>>Thanks!!!
>>Blake

                            TRoN~!
                            CompuTec Data Systems

Sat, 25 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. dbmax - dbu replacement question

2. dbmax - dbu replacement question

3. Deleting a portion of a field

4. Change deletes fields?

5. How to stop app gen from deleting my fields

6. Deleting fields

7. Code to Modify/Delete Fields From a Database

8. tcl-tk Iwidgets delete entry field option

9. Delete key on keyboard deleting records

10. Deleted procs not deleted???

11. Delete all files in Dir or delete Dir

12. Keyboard Delete button to delete row in array