Clipper 5.2e debugger, Blinker6.0
Author Message
 Clipper 5.2e debugger, Blinker6.0

Not sure if this question has come up before but when we used
Exospace, we were able to browse the database and edit some of the
fields while we were developing.  Now that we're using Blinker 6.0, we
can't even browse the database.  Would anyone know if browsing and
editing the database is possible in Blinker?  Did we doing something
wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Wed, 08 Dec 2004 00:38:06 GMT
 Clipper 5.2e debugger, Blinker6.0
You definitely did something wrong. Post your link script in a message.

Ray

Quote:
> Not sure if this question has come up before but when we used
> Exospace, we were able to browse the database and edit some of the
> fields while we were developing.  Now that we're using Blinker 6.0, we
> can't even browse the database.  Would anyone know if browsing and
> editing the database is possible in Blinker?  Did we doing something
> wrong?

> Thanks in advance.

Wed, 08 Dec 2004 07:52:04 GMT
 Clipper 5.2e debugger, Blinker6.0
You asked for it, here she be...

MYAPP.LNK:
-----------
output ..\bin\myapp
file ..\obj\myapp
beginarea
file ..\obj\help
file ..\obj\file01
file ..\obj\file02
file ..\obj\file03
file ..\obj\file04
file ..\obj\file05
file ..\obj\file06
file ..\obj\file07
file ..\obj\file08
file ..\obj\file09
file ..\obj\file10
endarea
file ..\obj\lib01;
file ..\obj\lib02;
file ..\obj\lib03;
file ..\obj\lib04;
file ..\obj\util;
file dbfntxax
file ..\obj\__WAIT_B
file CLD.LIB
lib flex52, oslib, cpmi
lib ..\lib\mredit52
search axipbcom

BLINKER.LNK:
-----------
# Replacements for CA-Clipper code that is not protected-mode compatible.
search BLXCLP52.LIB

# Specify linking of DOS extended executable
BLINKER EXECUTABLE EXTENDED
# Create .EXE regardless of unresolved externals
BLINKER EXECUTABLE NODELETE
# Specify compression factor for .EXE file
#BLINKER EXECUTABLE COMPRESS 1

# Create a combined real-mode and protected-mode program.
#BLINKER EXECUTABLE DUAL

# Make the executable file read-only (write-protected).
# READONLY

# Turn off incremental linking. This also enables Symbol Table Compression,
#    and Dynamic Paging by Clipper 5.
BLINKER INCREMENTAL OFF

# Enable profiling functions.
# BLINKER CLIPPER PROFILE ON

# Burn-in the Clipper environment variable.
BLINKER EXECUTABLE CLIPPER //E:456 //F:131 //SWAPPATH:"C:\TMP" //TEMPPATH:"C:\TMP"

# Change the name of the CLIPPER environment variable (no longer 'CLIPPER').
BLINKER ENVIRONMENT CLIPPER MYCLIPAPP

# Environment settings may override burned-in defaults for CLIPPER variable.
BLINKER ENVIRONMENT OVERRIDE

# Change the name of the BLINKER environment variable (no longer 'BLINKER').
BLINKER ENVIRONMENT NAME MYBLINKAPP

# Display any duplicated library modules.
BLINKER MESSAGE DUPLICATES

# Use the fixed overlay method (default for 5.x)
#BLINKER OVERLAY FIXED

# Set the overlay swap space to 1, but Blinker will increase if needed.
#BLINKER OVERLAY OPSIZE 1

# Allow the use of EMS PAGEFRAME (if available) for execution of overlays.
#BLINKER OVERLAY PAGEFRAME ON

# Allow the use of UMB (if available) for overlays.
BLINKER OVERLAY UMB ON

# Cache overlays in EMS and/or XMS.
# Use a maximum of 128kb of available memory, but leave at least 50% free.
#BLINKER CACHE EMS 128,50%
BLINKER CACHE XMS 128,50%

# Specify the automatic memory packing frequency (like memory(0)).
# BLINKER MEMORY PACK 20

# Increase the size of the execution stack to allow more recursion.
BLINKER PROCEDURE DEPTH 60

# Request a segment map of the executable.
# MAP S,A

CL520MAX.LNK:
------------
#
#  CL520MAX.LNK - 03/22/93 Version 1.0
#
#  Blinker link script for CA-Clipper 5.2
#
#  This script may help with very tight memory situations, and when using the
#  Clipper de{*filter*} (CLD) with large programs.
#
#  For ease of use this script should be stored in your library directory,
#  (the directory pointed to by the LIB environment variable), which will allow
#  Blinker to find the script without you having to specify a full path.
#
#  This script MUST be included outside of any BEGINAREA / ENDAREA commands
#  and after all libraries except the RDDs and LLIBCA if it is being used.
#
#  example:
#
#  FILE one
#  BEGINAREA
#       FILE two
#       FILE three
#       FILE four
#  ENDAREA

#  LIB DBFCDX
#  LIB LLIBCA # (if used)
#
#  Modules within CLIPPER.LIB are, by their nature, called very frequently
#  within any CLIPPER application. Therefore, overlaying these routines
#  will almost certainly result in some performance degradation, which can
#  be minimised by increasing the OVERLAY OPSIZE.
#
#  You may also wish to consider using BLINKER OVERLAY PAGEFRAME ON to expand
#  the overlay pool to 64K, and remove it from conventional memory, to both
#  increase available memory and performance.
#
#  ie BLINKER OVERLAY PAGEFRAME ON
#
#  Blinker 2.0+ users will find that specifying an overlay cache will increase
#  execution speed significantly.
#
#  eg BLINKER CACHE XMS 128
#     BLINKER CACHE EMS 128
#
#  The amount of performance degradation will vary from application to
#  application, - it may be necessary to modify this script by commenting
#  out some MODULE statements to increase performance to an acceptable level
#  in some areas.
#
#  Please note that some third party libraries may replace or modify routines
#  in the CLIPPER library, so that they are no longer overlayable. The link
#  time command BLINKER MESSAGE DUPLICATES may help in determining such
#  conflicts or replacements.
#
#
# mod tbrowse0          #  Uncomment these three lines
# mod tbrowse1          #  to speed up TBROWSE by forcing
# mod linelen           #  it into the root.
#
lib clipper
beginarea
    mod ACCEPT          # .c
    mod ACOPY           # .c
    mod ADEL            # .c
    mod AEVAL           # .c
    mod AINS            # .c
    mod APPEXIT         # .c
    mod APPINIT         # .c
    mod ATAIL           # .c
    mod BOX             # .c
    mod COLOR           # .c
    mod DATE            # .c
    mod DBCMD0          # .c
    mod DBCMD1          # .c
    mod DBCMD2          # .c
    mod DBCMD3          # .c
    mod DBCMD4          # .c
    mod DBCMD5          # .c
    mod DBCREATE        # .c
    mod DBF0            # .c
    mod DBF1            # .c
    mod DBFDYN          # .asm
    mod DBGAPI          # .c
    mod DBGSHADO        # .c
    mod DBJUNCT         # .c
    mod DBNUBS          # .asm
    mod DBSTRUCT        # .c
    mod DELIMDYN        # .asm
    mod DISKIO          # .c
    mod DLM0            # .c
    mod DLM1            # .c
    mod EMMALLOC        # .asm
    mod EMMCOUNT        # .asm
    mod EMMFREE         # .asm
    mod EMMINST         # .asm
    mod EMMPAGE         # .asm
    mod EMMREALL        # .asm
    mod EMMSTAT         # .asm
    mod EMMVERS         # .asm
    mod ERRORSYS        # Clipper
    mod ERRSYS0         # .c
#   mod ERRSYS1         # .c      (Overlay if not using PS ERROR)
    mod EXACTCMP        # .c
    mod FGET            # .c
    mod FIELD           # .c
    mod FILESYS         # .asm
    mod GETENV          # .c
    mod GETS0           # .c
    mod GETS1           # .c
    mod GETS2           # .c
    mod INITEXIT        # .c
    mod INSTD           # .asm
    mod JOINLIST        # .c
    mod LUPDATE         # .c
    mod MAIN            # .c
    mod MAXROW          # .c
    mod MEMORY          # .c
    mod MRELEASE        # .c
    mod MSAVE           # .c
    mod NET             # .c
    mod OLDBOX          # .c
    mod OLDCLEAR        # .c
    mod OSDATE          # .asm
    mod OUTSTD          # .c
    mod PHILES          # .c
    mod PICT            # .c
    mod RDDORD          # .c
    mod RDDSVR          # .c
    mod RUN             # .c
    mod SAVEREST        # .c
    mod SCROLL          # .c
    mod SDF0            # .c
    mod SDF1            # .c
    mod SDFDYN          # .asm
    mod SEND            # .c
    mod SET             # .c
    mod SETCURS         # .c
    mod SORTBLOC        # .c
    mod SORTOF          # .c
    mod SQUAWK          # .asm
    mod STARTSYM        # .asm
    mod TB              # .c
    mod TSUPPORT        # .c
#   mod TXOPEN          # .c       (Overlay if not using NETLIB)
    mod VERSION         # .c
    mod WORKAREA        # .c
    mod _AFIELDS        # Clipper
    mod _APPINI         # Clipper
    mod _ATPROMP        # Clipper
    mod _CENTURY        # Clipper
    mod _DBCOPY         # Clipper
    mod _DBDELIM        # Clipper
    mod _DBF            # Clipper
    mod _DBFLIST        # Clipper
    mod _DBGBROW        # Clipper
    mod _DBGHELP        # Clipper
    mod _DBGINSP        # Clipper
    mod _DBGMENU        # Clipper
    mod _DBJOIN         # Clipper
    mod _DBLIST         # Clipper
    mod _DBLOCAT        # Clipper
    mod _DBSDF          # Clipper
    mod _DBSORT         # Clipper
    mod _DBSTRUX        # Clipper
    mod _DBTOTAL        # Clipper
    mod _DBUPDAT        # Clipper
    mod _DELIM          # Clipper
    mod _ERRSYS         # Clipper
    mod _FLEDIT         # Clipper
    mod _GETMSG         # Clipper
    mod _GETSYS         # Clipper
    mod _HELPKEY        # Clipper
    mod _INPUT          # Clipper
    mod _RDDORD         # Clipper
    mod _READVAR        # Clipper
    mod _SAVESCR        # Clipper
    mod _SETFUNC        # Clipper
    mod _SETTA          # Clipper
    mod _TEXT           # Clipper
    mod _WAIT           # Clipper
    lib extend
endarea
lib terminal
lib dbfntx

Quote:

> You definitely did something wrong. Post your link script in a message.

> Ray

> > Not sure if this question has come up before but when we used
> > Exospace, we were able to browse the database and edit some of the
> > fields while we were developing.  Now that we're using Blinker 6.0, we
> > can't even browse the database.  Would anyone know if browsing and
> > editing the database is possible in Blinker?  Did we doing something
> > wrong?

> > Thanks in advance.

Sat, 11 Dec 2004 09:43:41 GMT

1. HELP: Clipper 5.2e debugger very slow to appear under W2KPro

2. Clipper 5.2e Debugger under Win95

3. Clipper 5.2E Debugger & Win95

4. Clipper debugger 5.2e won't work with Win95

5. Clipper DLL's using Clipper 5.2e and Blinker 5.10

6. Clipper 5.2e --> Clipper 5.3b

7. clipper 5.2e -vs- clipper 5.3

8. Clipper 5.2e, Clipper Tools and Novell 5 ???

9. Clipper 5.2e + SIXCDX or Clipper 5.3b with CDX

10. Eten Chinese System 3.52, Clipper 5.2e, Exospace 1.0g, Clipper Tools 3.0b Problem

11. Clipper 5.2e vs. Clipper 5.3

12. 5.2e debugger/Win95