Summer 87 and Win 95 Problem
Author Message
 Summer 87 and Win 95 Problem

I have a procedure in a summer 87 program that works fine under win 3.1 and
older versions of dos...but not under win95 or dos 7+.  Basically, the
procedure uses the Set Key command to perform a search on a database using
dbedit.  Below is the procedure.  The result it that the procedure just pops
right back to the calling program with out ever presenting the list of
records to choose from in the database.  Any suggestions on this?

Thanks,
Dave Hamilton

PROCEDURE finditem
IF LEN(TRIM(pvend_code))>0
   SET KEY -2 TO
   lastarea=SELECT()
   SELECT 10
   USE pricebk INDEX xvendprod
      DO WHILE .T.
      SEEK pvend_code
      IF .NOT. EOF()

         DECLARE FIELDS[6]
         FIELDS[1]='vend_code'
         FIELDS[2]='prod_code'
         FIELDS[3]='descriptio'
         FIELDS[4]='dept_num'
         FIELDS[5]='cost'
         FIELDS[6]='retail'
         DECLARE names[6]
         names[1]='Vendor'
         names[2]='ITEM #'
         names[3]='DESCRIPTION'
         names[4]='DEPT'
         names[5]='COST'
         names[6]='RETAIL'
         SAVE SCREEN
         SET COLOR TO &g_inv_vid
         dbedit(5,1,20,79,FIELDS,'action','',names)
         IF vend_code<>pvend_code
            LOOP
         ELSE
            STORE prod_code TO pprod_code
            STORE prod_code TO m_prod_code
         ENDIF
      ENDIF
      EXIT
   ENDDO

   KEYBOARD CHR(13)
   SET KEY -2 TO finditem
   USE
   SELECT(lastarea)
   SET COLOR TO &g_stnd_vid
   RESTORE SCREEN
ENDIF
RETURN

Mon, 28 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Summer 87 and Win 95 Problem

Quote:
> The result it that the procedure just pops
> right back to the calling program with out ever presenting the list of
> records to choose from in the database.  Any suggestions on this?

David -

Put some WAITs in your code to debug how far it gets in your procedure.
This will help you figure out the problem.  There doesn't seem to be a
simple
answer because the code looks fine.

Roger

Tue, 29 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Win '95/Summer '87

2. Win 95, NAV and Summer '87

3. S'87 & Win 95 Problems

4. Summer '87 on Windows 95 / Novell v3.12

5. W'95, printing, Summer 87

6. Summer 87 & Windows 95

7. Clipper Summer 87 & Windows 95/NT

8. Problem with converting Summer 87 to CA-Clipper 5.2e with Funcky.LIB

9. Summer 87 DBT problems

10. Clipper Summer 87 Problems

11. Clipper Summer 87 Problem Running Under NT

12. Clipper Summer 87 problem/bug