How do you access LFN's in Win95 from CA-Clipper 5.2e
Author Message
 How do you access LFN's in Win95 from CA-Clipper 5.2e

I was wondering if there is any lib's available that will allow access
to LFN's in Win95?  Is there any code out there that can help me?  I
have a disk catalogging program that works just fine with straight DOS
stuff, but I only get the 8.3 equiv. of LFN's and of course this leads
to confusion when several files have the same 8.3 name (on different
disks).  Any help would be much appreciated!

Pete Durst

Thu, 29 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 How do you access LFN's in Win95 from CA-Clipper 5.2e

Quote:

>I was wondering if there is any lib's available that will allow access
>to LFN's in Win95?  Is there any code out there that can help me?  I
>have a disk catalogging program that works just fine with straight DOS
>stuff, but I only get the 8.3 equiv. of LFN's and of course this leads
>to confusion when several files have the same 8.3 name (on different
>disks).  Any help would be much appreciated!

I could write it but I'm not going to <g>  You could write it also if you know
a little C or if you download the NANFORUM PD library.  It has a function
called FT_INT86() which enables you to call DOS interrupts directly from
Clipper.  You'd want to use the DOS interrupt (INT 21h) using service 71h.

It isn't hard and if you're not already familiar with C and/or DOS interrupts
you may find the adventure worthwhile.

tom

Thu, 29 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. How do you access LFN's in WIn95 from Clipper 5.2e?

2. Clipper debugger 5.2e won't work with Win95

3. Clipper DLL's using Clipper 5.2e and Blinker 5.10

4. Graphic Programming In Ca-Clipper 5.2e

5. Problem with converting Summer 87 to CA-Clipper 5.2e with Funcky.LIB

6. BLINKER With Clipper 5.2e and CA-Tools 3.0b

7. Problem with __WAIT_B.OBJ in CA-CLIPPER 5.2e

8. CLIPPER 5.2e protected mode with CA TOOLS

9. CA-Clipper 5.2e + Blinker 3.20 running on AMD K5-P75

10. CA-Clipper 5.2e + Function Tools

11. CA-Clipper 5.2e DBFCDX *BUG*

12. CA-Clipper 5.2E 02/02