CA-Clipper and TCP/IP Sockets.
Author Message
 CA-Clipper and TCP/IP Sockets.

Hi all,

Does anyone know of TCP/IP sockets library for CA-Clipper?

Thanks
Will Gregory

Mon, 15 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 CA-Clipper and TCP/IP Sockets.

Quote:

> Hi all,

> Does anyone know of TCP/IP sockets library for CA-Clipper?

> Thanks
> Will Gregory

I don't think that there is a commercial Clipper DOS library for use
with TCP/IP (if you're asking about a DOS-based system).

A few years ago I started working on a DOS Clipper project that needed
TCP/IP, and I looked at a few DOS TCP/IP stacks, including one from FTP
and another from Novell (LAN Workshop, I think it was called); we
eventually went with the Novell product. There is also a public domain
stack called WATTCP I've recently become aware of, but I have no
experience with it.

I wrote a function to do socket data transfers in the background, using
an undocumented Clipper internal to access the internal event loop
(described initially by Ted Means), and was able to demonstrate data
transfers while a screenful of GETs was being executed. I think the
technique was a success... except that the project was cancelled at that
point, so we never really got to try it out!

So, I guess the answer is "no" for a library, but "perhaps" if you're
asking it it's possible to do...

Regards,

Neil Kingsley
MythoLogics
http://www.mythologics.com

Mon, 15 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Socket on Win32 for TCP/IP work?

2. JPEG download via TCP/IP (Socket Control)

3. ParcPlace VW: TCP/IP Sockets -- where/how?

4. TCP/IP (Socket) Comunication

5. TCP/IP socket interface

6. TCP/IP Instrument & Socket Classes in VISA

7. TCP/IP sockets code in REXX script (long) - client.CMD (1/1)

8. TCP/IP sockets code in REXX script (long) - client.CMD (0/1)

9. TCP/IP sockets code in REXX script (long) - server.CMD (0/1)

10. REXX for OS/2 TCP/IP Socket API question

11. Help - Trying to write exec on MVS to use TCP/IP sockets

12. REXX TCP/IP Socket Interface For Netview