Clipper lex & yacc and parser, build 8
Author Message
 Clipper lex & yacc and parser, build 8

A new build 8 for our OpenClipper baby may be soon available from the Oasis:

ftp://ftp.iag.net/pub/clipper/general/cliparse.zip

regards,

Antonio Linares
www.fivetech.com

Fri, 14 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Clipper lex & yacc and parser, build 8
On Mon, 29 Mar 1999 08:33:20 +0200, "Antonio Linares"

Quote:

>A new build 8 for our OpenClipper baby may be soon available from the Oasis:

>ftp://ftp.iag.net/pub/clipper/general/cliparse.zip

Version compiling under Linux is in:

ftp://central.joca.es/pub/OpenClipper/cliparse-build.8.tar.gz

Manuel Ruiz Tienza

Fri, 14 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Clipper lex & yacc and parser, build 8
On Mon, 29 Mar 1999 08:33:20 +0200, Antonio Linares

Quote:

>A new build 8 for our OpenClipper baby may be soon available from the Oasis:

>ftp://ftp.iag.net/pub/clipper/general/cliparse.zip

This project is very very interesting!
Following up every build and learning lex, yacc and also flex and bison.
To be able to see things develope day by day with discussions in
this our conferense with the builds in our oasis sure
is appreciated !
cheers
Knut

Fri, 14 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Clipper lex & yacc and parser, build 8
Antonio,

You must to probe this construction.

while a
enddo

in OpenClipper grammar it isn't permited because

DoWhile    : WHILE Expression Crlf WhileStatements EndWhile
                    ;

WhileStatements : Statement
                            | WhileStatements Statement
                            ;

However in clipper 5.x this construction is a valid construction, so
if you want to compile this construction you must to modify
DoWhile in this way:

DoWhile    : WHILE Expression Crlf WhileStatements EndWhile
            | WHILE Expression Crlf EndWhile
                    ;

A question:

if you define a empty statement

Statement       : /* empty */
                ;

you don't need 2+ rules for each control flow statement, one empty and
one not empty. In this way,
the rule DoWhile will be:

DoWhile    : WHILE Expression Crlf WhileStatements EndWhile
            ;
Another examples will be

IfBegin    : IF Expression Crlf
          | IF Expression Crlf Statements
               ;

the result will be

IfBegin    : IF Expression Crlf Statements
                 ;
etc ...

With this modifications will get a bit more clear grammar.

What do you think about this ?

Manuel Ruiz Tienza

Working together is the best solution !

Fri, 14 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Clipper lex & yacc and parser, build 8
Manuel,

Quote:
>while a
>enddo

You are right! I have just added it. Many thanks!

Quote:
> you don't need 2+ rules for each control flow statement, one empty and
> one not empty.

If you try it you will see you get a lot of syntax conflicts. Up to now we
don't have any syntax conflict so lets keep it as it is :-)

regards,

Antonio Linares
www.fivetech.com

Sat, 15 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Clipper lex & yacc build 6

2. Looking for fortan yacc grammar & lex parser

3. LISP parser (lex & yacc) requested

4. Clipper lex & yacc

5. lex/yacc parsers for SMTP/MIME?

6. Repository for lex/yacc analyzers/parsers?

7. More than one lex/yacc parsers in one application

8. Oberon-2 YACC/LEX parser available

9. VRML 2.0 lex/yacc parser

10. VHDL Lex/Yacc Parser

11. lex/yacc parser