Win '95/Summer '87
Author Message
 Win '95/Summer '87

We have a mature Summer '87 application running happilly on 286, 386 and
486 platforms in DOS and in Windows 3. We have used the application on
lap tops and on machines across Novell network.

We have just installed it on a new Compaq pentium lap top which is
occassionally connected to Novel 3 network. The dbf files are held on
the lap top local hard drive, and the application does not need any
connection to the network.

Problem is: When NOT attached to network and NOT logged in, the
application wont run (BLX286 exception error 1313). When it is attached,
it runs happilly.

We suspect a memory conflict between the Novel VLM's. Any ideas?

Best wishes
Charles

Tue, 28 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Win '95/Summer '87

Quote:
>We have a mature Summer '87 application running happilly on 286, 386 and
>486 platforms in DOS and in Windows 3. We have used the application on
>lap tops and on machines across Novell network.

Download this file and follow the instructions. It may help.

ftp://ftp.iag.net/pub/clipper/patch/emm501.zip

S'87 and 5.01(x) had difficulty correctly detecting expanded memory.
(EMM)

This contains an object which corrects this abberent behaviour.

It is not needed in 5.2 or greater.

---

             WWW  http://www.iag.net/~philb/
        FTP Site  ftp://ftp.iag.net/pub/clipper

  "Governments, like diapers, should be changed often
   and for the same reasons."

Wed, 29 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Win 95, NAV and Summer '87

2. Summer '87 on Windows 95 / Novell v3.12

3. W'95, printing, Summer 87

4. S'87 & Win 95 Problems

5. Summer 87 and Win 95 Problem

6. Clipper '87 and printing under W'95

7. Ada '87 and '95 standards.

8. Summer '87 App doesn't remote print

9. Can't open xxxx.DBF error in Summer '87

10. indexng and data corruption with clipper s'87 under windows 95

11. Clipper Summer'87

12. Summer' 87 Y2K bug