Debug gives an "illegal operation"
Author Message
 Debug gives an "illegal operation"

Hi,

Using debug (CLD) menu, | Options | Restore settings | Filename
, enter the name of the .CLD file, press <ENTER>, and a message:

"Performed illegal operation"

"The program encountered an invalid page exception

Fault location    0028:C004BC62
Faulting component   VSHINIT(01)
Interrupts in service:  none "

The program gives NO error message when compiled without debug. It also
gives no error message when compiled WITH debug, and the "options" are
entered manually.

It ONLY happens when I try to retrieve the details from the .CLD file,
which contains:

Options path g:\sour_s~1\logs\source
Options Colors
{"W+/BG","N/BG","R/BG","N+/BG","W+/B","GR+/B","W/B","N/W","R/W","
N/BG","R/BG"}
Monitor Public
Monitor priVate
Monitor Static
Monitor Local

I have only just installed McAfee virus scan a few days ago, and the
msg appaered after that, hence the VSINIT component. I cancelled the
task running VShield and the debug error appears no more.

BUT, I want to have McAfee running. Any ideas how I can get around this
one (except contacting McAfee) ??

Pedro

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Tue, 10 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Debug gives an "illegal operation"

Quote:

> Hi,

> Using debug (CLD) menu, | Options | Restore settings | Filename
> , enter the name of the .CLD file, press <ENTER>, and a message:

> "Performed illegal operation"

Hi ;
I Have had this happen too, but only when I typed in the wrong file name
to restore..

Chris

Tue, 10 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. "Illegal operation" error on windows

2. Workaround to "Debug gives illegal operation" post

3. Level:Benign gives Illegal Operation Error

4. "illegal radix 1"

5. string.join(["Tk 4.2p2", "Python 1.4", "Win32", "free"], "for")

6. exec ""? Insecure operation

7. "functional programming"-like list operations

8. A smalltalk "list" operation

9. "len()" gives a curious error

10. "button invoke" gives no visible feedback

11. works in "debug" but hangs otherwise

12. "Debug Cleaner Application"