Error Term/0 Print error - - - - - - Who can Help.
Author Message
 Error Term/0 Print error - - - - - - Who can Help.

Quote:

>         I am getting an   Error TERM / 0  Print error after converting my
> aplication to run on networks.  Brief on how I do things, all my
> reports and documents usualy go into 2 text files on disk ( one with
> printer codes another without ) so I can first view them on the
> screen, before printing, this normaly saves a lot of time, money and
> TREES.  I then use the file with printer codes to output to the
> printer on request,  as follows using this UDF

> Function PrintFile( cFile, nCopias, cDevice )

>         Local GetList := {}
>         Local nHandle := 0
>         Local nX      := 0

>         DEFAULT nCopias   TO 1
>         DEFAULT cDevice   TO "LPT1"

>         Begin Sequence
>                 If ! File(cFile)
>                          MsgBox('ERRO','Ficheiro n?o esiste '+cFile, 0)
>                         Break
>                 endif

>                 ChkPrinter()

>                  for nX = 1 to nCopias
>                            IsDeviceOK( cDevice )

>                            Set Printer To (cDevice)
>                            Set Printer On
>                            Set Console Off

>                            nHandle := Fopen( cFile,0 )

>                            Do While nHandle <> -1 .And. ! fEof(nHandle) .And. ! Quit
>                                 qout( fReadLine( nHandle ) )
>                            Enddo
>                  next
>          End Sequence

>         Set Printer To
>         Set Printer Off
>         Set Console On

>         if nHandle <> -1
>                 fClose(nHandle)
>         endif

> Return(Nil)

> The Isdevice()  function is using FT_Isprinter() to check if printer
> is ready.  The network is a peer to peer Netware Lite.  What am I
> doing wrong, is the error  because of a Time-out on  the printer.?
> I also get a similar error with QUIT   RETRY options.

> What can I do?

> Thanks for all your help.

> John M. Branco

> Alias - ShortCut

> A Bit a day keeps the bug away!!!

        I am using Novell 3.11 and have never touch Netware Lite before.
 I think the concept on printing are similiar with both NOS.

        Before entering your application, you must issue the 'Capture'
command to redirect the printer port to a network queue.  If you havn't
do this, a printer error will generate.  Hopes this can help.

        I also wrote a similar function that output the data with printer
control code inside to a file and then print it later.  I just use the
following statement to complete the job.

        COPY FILE (PrnFileName)TO (DeviceName)

        The above statement will copy the whole file to NOS's print
queue.  This works well under NW 3.11.

Danny Wong

Tue, 25 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Error Term/0 Print error - - - - - - Who can Help.

Quote:
>    I am getting an   Error TERM / 0  Print error after converting my
>aplication to run on networks.

I am getting it for some years now! <grin> And not only on networks,
but also on standalone machines. The way out is to "print" to file and
then to copy it to printer. This never fails (provided printer is
online etc, etc.). Appearance of Error TERM/0 can be lowered delaying
your printing and testing printer more times before you print.
I would appeciate any other - better solution as this is really very
annoying problem.
Bye, Jiri.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Jiri Bilek, BIOS Ltd.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Sat, 29 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Error Term/0 Print error - - - - - - Who can Help.

: >  I am getting an   Error TERM / 0  Print error after converting my
: >aplication to run on networks.

: I am getting it for some years now! <grin> And not only on networks,
: but also on standalone machines. The way out is to "print" to file and
: then to copy it to printer. This never fails (provided printer is

enclose your printer routine in a 'begin sequence end' statement
change your errorsys.prg to handle printer errors
if there ain't a port to print to where is it supposed to go?

: online etc, etc.). Appearance of Error TERM/0 can be lowered delaying
: your printing and testing printer more times before you print.
: I would appeciate any other - better solution as this is really very
: annoying problem.
: Bye, Jiri.
: ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
: Jiri Bilek, BIOS Ltd.

: ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

--

   How do men exercise at the beach?
   By sucking in their stomachs every time they see a bikini.

Mon, 31 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. ERROR TERM/0 Print error (COM1)

2. Error TERM / 0 Print error

3. Error TERM / 0 Print error

4. Abort printing at Term 0 error

5. Print term error

6. Term Error printing on COM x in WinNT Wks

7. Term/0 Print error

8. DOS Error 3, TERM/2014 Create error: LPT2.PRN

9. Help : Dos error 1 term 2014 on file LPT1.PRN

10. Help ! Error in Print to file for C4

11. Help me handle Printing Errors !

12. Help me handle printing errors !