Clipper, Clipper Tools, Netware and NT4
Author Message
 Clipper, Clipper Tools, Netware and NT4

Hi all,
Has anyone succeded in getting Clipper (5.2e or 5.3b) to work
with Clipper Tools III's netware calls under Windows NT4 WS?

I'm having difficulties with LPT port capturing. Specifically
NNetSetQ, NNetSetSSF and NNetCapBeg fuctions. Sometimes
they work sometimes they hang completly, never returning from
the call.

I've also tried the Netto library routines FN_PrintQ,
FN_sSpltC and FN_sSPCapF. Again most of the time they
work, hoever sometimes the FN_PrintQ fails. Most of the
time after the failure the program keeps working and
FN_Error returns 255 but, sometimes the program simply
hangs.

After linking as a protected mode using Blinker 4.1 I
have once got an error in NTVDM. If was a code 5
Access Denied error, if that's any help?

I'd buy NetLib but we're I don't know if it would be
any better, after all it could be a bug in the NW Client
for WindowsNT. Also, we're moving away from clipper at
the moment so I'm not sure I can convince TPTB to spend
money on a library.
TIA
Ian

Applications Programmer/Network Manager  Phone : (+44) (0)1865 224149
Diabetes Research, RI, Oxford, England     Fax : (+44) (0)1865 723884

Sun, 06 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Clipper 5.2e App migration from Netware 4.10 to Netware 5/NT4.0

2. Clipper/NT4.0/Netware

3. Clipper Tools Netware functions

4. reading netware-right's with CLIPPER-Tools III

5. Clipper Tools III Netware Functions & Win 95

6. Clipper Tools III Netware

7. migration of 5.2 clipper app from netware 3.11 to netware 5

8. clipper tools Clipper 5.3

9. Clipper 5.2e, Clipper Tools and Novell 5 ???

10. Clipper Tools and Clipper 5.2 upgrade

11. clipper 5.2 + Clipper Tools + PII 300 Mhz = PROBLEMS