DOS erorr 55 on win95 net.
Author Message
 DOS erorr 55 on win95 net.

Clipper 53.b with CAtools III, linked by exospace running on
win95 net with 10 stations. Sometimes generates DOS error 55 on some of
the stations. After few minutes problem disapeares.

        Any help will be usefull.

Regards, Davor Krzak ( Filos ltd. Croatia ).

Tue, 21 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 DOS erorr 55 on win95 net.

Quote:

> Clipper 53.b with CAtools III, linked by exospace running on
> win95 net with 10 stations. Sometimes generates DOS error 55 on some of
> the stations. After few minutes problem disapeares.

>         Any help will be usefull.

> Regards, Davor Krzak ( Filos ltd. Croatia ).

If you're running Win '95 on a Peer-to-Peer Network, it's possible one
of the workstations is not logged into the network.  (DOS Error 55 is
"Network Device No Longer Exists"
Paul Van House

Fri, 24 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 DOS erorr 55 on win95 net.

Sorry,
        Thank for help, but we mentioned that is'nt that kind of problem
because all of the files are on one station (like a server), and that
station is always loged on to a net. In last message we have forget to
notice that RDD is "DBFCDX,_DBFCDX" combination.

        Thanks for help

                                        Davor Krzak

Sat, 25 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 DOS erorr 55 on win95 net.

Quote:
> Sorry,
>       Thank for help, but we mentioned that is'nt that kind of problem
> because all of the files are on one station (like a server), and that
> station is always loged on to a net. In last message we have forget to
> notice that RDD is "DBFCDX,_DBFCDX" combination.

Don't worry , you are not alone :(((((((((((((

One of my clients has been having the same trouble intermittenly now for more
than a month. It started one week after they down graded from novell to NT4.
Still no solution in site.

--
Sean Webb , Spyder Computing
Security & Risk Management Systems (Shopping Malls, Waterfronts, Guarding

Sat, 25 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 DOS erorr 55 on win95 net.

In article , "DAVOR says...

Quote:

>Sorry,
>    Thank for help, but we mentioned that is'nt that kind of problem
>because all of the files are on one station (like a server), and that
>station is always loged on to a net. In last message we have forget to
>notice that RDD is "DBFCDX,_DBFCDX" combination.

>    Thanks for help

>                                    Davor Krzak

What linker are you using?

Richard Mitchell

Sat, 25 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 DOS erorr 55 on win95 net.

On Fri, 03 Oct 1997 12:33:25 -0700, "DAVOR KRZAK, \"FILOS\" D.O.O."

Quote:

>Clipper 53.b with CAtools III, linked by exospace running on
>win95 net with 10 stations. Sometimes generates DOS error 55 on some of
>the stations. After few minutes problem disapeares.

>    Any help will be usefull.

>Regards, Davor Krzak ( Filos ltd. Croatia ).

If you're running IPX/SPX in win 95, it's a bug.

The fix is to turn off "direct hosting" by disabling the NWLink
IPX/SPX binding in the network control panel, then enable NWLink with
NetBIOS.

Even better, if you don't need IPX,, and it's not a large network,
NetBEUI is much faster, more reliable and a lot less buggy. You could
just delete the other protocols and run NetBEUI. The only major
drawback is that NetBEUI isn't routable.

Terry

--------------------

Terry Carmen
Meadowbrook Software

NOTE TO SPAMMERS:
BAD THINGS will happen to any site that sends me email spam.

Mon, 27 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. DOS erorr 55 on win95 net.

2. DOS Error 55 using 5.2e/exospace/Win95 workstations/NT 4.0 server

3. CLIPPER 5.2e under Win95 - DOS Error 55

4. DOS ERROR 55 under WIN95 .AND. NT

5. ERRO DOS 5 AND ERRO DOS 55

6. Dos error 55 with dos connection

7. Solved DOS ERROR 55