Probability Data Base ??
Author Message
 Probability Data Base ??

Dear Andi,

Which Clipper vrsion, which index and give us an example of the list you
wish to maintain.

Kidn regards,
Robert Lamping

Quote:

> Hi !

> I wish a hint/help from Clipper friends on subject.

> Case :
> Want to know how can we create a database for  words consist of,  say
> ten lower case. I want to know how much entries would there be.

> Would  appreciate a quick/speedy routine.

> Thanks a lot

Sat, 17 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Probability Data Base ??

Quote:

> Hi !

> I wish a hint/help from Clipper friends on subject.

> Case :
> Want to know how can we create a database for  words consist of,  say
> ten lower case. I want to know how much entries would there be.

> Would  appreciate a quick/speedy routine.

> Thanks a lot

Hi Andi,

Not sure that I understand your question. You want to create a qty of 10
letter words. What language? Whose spelling convention? Eg the 10
lettered "behaviours" is correct in Australian/English version of
English, but not in the USA (they are not interested in "u" <VBG>).

So if you want correct spelling words of 10 letters only, you have some
answers to obtain first.

However, if you only want to know how many ways could you populate the
10 slots from the lower case alphabet, it would be 26*26*...26 (10
times) which is roughly <g> 141,167,095,653,376. I cannot vouch for how
many would be pronouncable though.

Happy New Year,

Ross McKenzie
Melbourne Australia (neither of which have 10 letters)

Sun, 18 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Probability Data Base ??

[This follow up was also send to author]

Quote:
>Hi !

>I wish a hint/help from Clipper friends on subject.

>Case :
>Want to know how can we create a database for  words consist of,  say
>ten lower case. I want to know how much entries would there be.

>Would  appreciate a quick/speedy routine.

Total = 26 ^ 10;

Sr. Software Engineer IT Department
The Unofficial Delphi Developers FAQ
http://www.gnomehome.demon.nl/uddf/index.htm

Sun, 18 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Probability Data Base - Part 4

2. Probability Data Base - Part 3

3. Probability Data Base - Part 2

4. sort out and look for data in a data base

5. data structures versus data bases???

6. How to compact a data base?

7. Data Base Help

8. Take Over ACCESS Data base