Calling FoxPro program from within Clipper program
Author Message
 Calling FoxPro program from within Clipper program

Hi,

I tried to call a FoxPro program (DOS version) from within a Clipper one. I
use Clipper 5.2e, Blinker 5.1, protected mode. It was run in DOS session,
Windows 98. I got the error message which was produced by a FoxPro program:
Phar Lap err 82: DPMI host error on initial switch to prot mode.
What can be done with it?

Thank you
Janusz

Fri, 15 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Calling FoxPro program from within Clipper program
On Mon, 27 Sep 1999 15:49:40 GMT, "Janusz Cyran"

Quote:

>I tried to call a FoxPro program (DOS version) from within a Clipper one. I
>use Clipper 5.2e, Blinker 5.1, protected mode. It was run in DOS session,
>Windows 98. I got the error message which was produced by a FoxPro program:
>Phar Lap err 82: DPMI host error on initial switch to prot mode.
>What can be done with it?

Try:

SwpRunCmd( "START COMMAND /C <YourExeFileName>" )

This will open another DOS window and avoid protected mode conflict.
See the blinker manual about running protected mode programs from
clipper protected mode applications.

HTH,

Amilcar A. Camargo
Sand, S. A.
Guatemala, C. A.

Fri, 15 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Calling REXX programs from within an assembler program

2. Calling a python program within a python program

3. Rewriting old dBase II - III, Foxbase, Foxpro programs to Foxpro 2.6 for Windows and VFP

4. Changing diskettes within Clipper program

5. fax within a CA Clipper 5.3 program

6. Problems running other programs form within Clipper app.

7. Prnting to a Novell NetWare 4.1 printer from within Clipper 5.2e program

8. executing dos program within program

9. Q: Executing programs from within a program

10. - How can I call a windows program from within Squeak

11. C call, in a Fortran subroutine, within a C main program

12. calling UNIX within program and assign to variable