Dialing a telephone number within Clipper 5.0
Author Message
 Dialing a telephone number within Clipper 5.0

I'm looking for a way to dial a telephone numer from Clipper 5.0.

Does anyone know how to do this ?

I already have a copy of the Hayes Command set. But I don't know how to
acces it.

Mon, 16 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Dialing a telephone number within Clipper 5.0

Quote:

> If the modem is on COM1 or COM2, you can send the telephone number as a
> print job thus:-

> cTELNO = "<WHATEVER>"

> set printer to COM2
> set device to print

> ?"ATDT" + cTELNO + Chr( 13 )    // dial the number
> Inkey( 5 )                      // wait a few seconds
> ?"ATH" + Chr( 13 )              // hang up the modem

> set device to screen
> set prin to LPT1

> If not on COM1 or COM2, I suggest something like Clipper Tools, or maybe
> clio.lib which you will find on Phil Barnett's site The Oasis.

> Greets from New Zealand

> > I'm looking for a way to dial a telephone numer from Clipper 5.0.

> > Does anyone know how to do this ?

> > I already have a copy of the Hayes Command set. But I don't know how to
> > acces it.

If you only need to dial the number:

! echo modem_init_string > COMx
! echo ATDTphone_number > COMx

--
Insanity is doing what you've always done, then expecting different
results!!

Tue, 17 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Dialing a telephone number within Clipper 5.0

If the modem is on COM1 or COM2, you can send the telephone number as a
print job thus:-

cTELNO = "<WHATEVER>"

set printer to COM2
set device to print

?"ATDT" + cTELNO + Chr( 13 )  // dial the number
Inkey( 5 )                      // wait a few seconds
?"ATH" + Chr( 13 )            // hang up the modem

set device to screen
set prin to LPT1

If not on COM1 or COM2, I suggest something like Clipper Tools, or maybe
clio.lib which you will find on Phil Barnett's site The Oasis.

Greets from New Zealand

Quote:

> I'm looking for a way to dial a telephone numer from Clipper 5.0.

> Does anyone know how to do this ?

> I already have a copy of the Hayes Command set. But I don't know how to
> acces it.

Tue, 17 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Dialing the PowerBook G3's internal modem from within a RB program

2. Dialing a phone number continued...

3. dialing a number

4. Dialing a phone number

5. Dialing a telephone number via RealBasic. Is it possible?

6. Telephone Numbers

7. FlexFile BBS telephone Number

8. Help: Need StateCAD Telephone number

9. YOUR OWN LONDON TELEPHONE NUMBER FOR £30 !

10. HELP: Need StateCAD Telephone number

11. Telephone numbers

12. Telephone numbers