Clipper ->MS Word document?
Author Message
 Clipper ->MS Word document?

I have added the ability in my apps to read/write WordPerfect
documents with the WPCreate library.  Is there a comparable library
for MS-Word?  Or are the document format specs available anywhere so I
can figure it out myself?

Gene Weinbeck
President, Professional Support Software

author of the FundRaiser family of donor management software

http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sat, 10 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Clipper ->MS Word document?

Quote:

> I have added the ability in my apps to read/write WordPerfect
> documents with the WPCreate library.  Is there a comparable
> library for MS-Word?  Or are the document format specs
> available anywhere so I can figure it out myself?

Word format is quite complicated, it not only include text information but
other objects too. You may try to create RTF (RichTextFormat) documents
from Clipper app, RTF is documented (you can get reference somewhere on
Microsoft site or at MSDN CD), and Word reads them without problem (in
fact, Word is default association for .RTF).

--
Jovan Bulajic
Belgrade, Yugoslavia

Sat, 10 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Clipper ->MS Word document?

Quote:

> I have added the ability in my apps to read/write WordPerfect
> documents with the WPCreate library.  Is there a comparable library
> for MS-Word?  Or are the document format specs available anywhere so I
> can figure it out myself?

They were avilable at http://www.wotsit.demon.co.uk (Wotsit's File
Format Collection). However, looking there the other day for something
else I noticed that thery have had to be removed. It seems that MS
took exception to it. <sigh> Typical MS.

--
Take a look in Hagbard's World: |     w3ng - The WWW Norton Guide reader.
http://www.acemake.com/hagbard  |  ng2html - The NG to HTML converter.

Mon, 12 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Printing MS-WORD documents

2. Re : Reading MS Word Document

3. The best solution for printing report into MS Word document

4. Printing Report to MS Word Document

5. MS Word Documents

6. Write a MS Word document ?

7. Wanted: module to access MS-Word Documents

8. Reading from MS Word and Excel documents

9. tcom. Print pages from MS Word document

10. Code to recognize MS-Word document files?

11. Class(y) 2.4b, with documentation for MS-Word 97, MS-Word 6.0 and WordPerfect 7.0

12. Generating Microsoft Word Documents via CLIPPER