Set( _print_file) gives GPF after Set Default on Non-Novell systems
Author Message
 Set( _print_file) gives GPF after Set Default on Non-Novell systems

I have a 5.2e app, using Blinker 5.1, current NetLib, and many others
that gives a GPF to several, but not all, of my users (I *can*
duplicate it personally) whenever the program issues the following
line:
        SET(_SET_PRINTFILE, SetPrintFile)
where SetPrintFile is "LPT1".

This only happens after I have SET DEFAULT to a different directory
than the current one, and it never happens when I have linked in the
Novell NetLib library.  The environment appears to be only Win95 or
98.

The error message is the classic "performed an illegal operation"
message.

Gene Weinbeck
Professional Support Software
publishers of the FundRaiser Family of donor management software

http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sun, 29 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Set( _print_file) gives GPF after Set Default on Non-Novell systems
Gene

Try this:

Set( _SET_PRINTFILE, ( SetPrintFile ) )

HTH

Marcos Nogueira
S. Paulo - Brazil

Mon, 30 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Set( _print_file) gives GPF after Set Default on Non-Novell systems

Quote:

> Set( _SET_PRINTFILE, ( SetPrintFile ) )

Nope.  That didn't help.  Thanks for the idea.  It's such a weird
combination of factors that I don't expect to find an answer.  I think
I'll look instead for a way to avoid calling Set in this spot.

Gene Weinbeck
Professional Support Software
publishers of the FundRaiser Family of donor management software

http://www.fundraiser-software.com

Tue, 31 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Set( _print_file) gives GPF after Set Default on Non-Novell systems
It's not a weird problem, it's a known problem with Clipper on Windows
95. Change your code to this:

SET DEFAULT TO                                          // always needed
SET PRINTER TO (cPort)
SET DEFAULT TO (cWhereEverYouWantItToBe)                // only if needed

and your "illegal operation" errors will disappear.

Ray

Tue, 31 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Set( _print_file) gives GPF after Set Default on Non-Novell systems

Quote:

> It's not a weird problem, it's a known problem with Clipper on Windows
> 95. Change your code to this:

Thanks Ray.  That did it.

Is there a collection of clipper tidbits like this someplace?  I
looked at the FAQ, but didn't find anything relating to this problem.

Best regards,

Gene Weinbeck
Professional Support Software
publishers of the FundRaiser Family of donor management software

http://www.fundraiser-software.com

Wed, 01 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Set( _print_file) gives GPF after Set Default on Non-Novell systems

Quote:
> Is there a collection of clipper tidbits like this someplace?  I
> looked at the FAQ, but didn't find anything relating to this problem.

I just submitted it to the keeper of the FAQ. Good suggestion.

Ray

Fri, 03 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. HELP ME: SET DEFAULT WITH SET PRINT TO LPT1

2. default setting of unicode set

3. how to set default value of a set of radiobuttons

4. VAST: how to set the system default font

5. You give me TLINK+TASM and I give you a VIRUS CREATION SET

6. How to program set(X) + set(a) = set(X)

7. How to program set(X) + set(a) = set(X)

8. Clipper 5.3 Set order to GPF error

9. Set date/time on a Novell server

10. Problem with SET PRINTER TO and Novell

11. SET(_SET_PRINTFILE,"LPT1") on Novell

12. set default font in DolphinPro5