Advantage
Author Message
 Advantage

Does anybody have an opinion on advantage database server for use under
clipper 5.2E?

How about BTrieve Rascal?

I have an app for an order entry shop. There are about 12 terminals. There
are frequent problems with index corruption. I want to upgrade it to some
type of client server with a minimum of effort.

Thanks for your help!

-Mike Evans

Mon, 19 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Advantage

Quote:

> ADS is fast and solid. I average over 1 million transactions per day now
> for over three years with NO index failures. Not even one.

> This is the best third party product ever developed for Clipper.

Hmm, I'd have to say that it is at most the "joint best", I don't think
anyone could convince me that MrDebug isn't one of the best. ;-)

Ooo, and Class(y), I'd hate to be without Class(y).

--
Take a look in Hagbard's World: |   w3ng - The WWW Norton Guide reader.
http://www.acemake.com/hagbard/ |     eg - Norton Guide reader for Linux.

Mon, 19 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Advantage

Quote:
>This is the best third party product ever developed for Clipper.

Yes, I agree with you Phil.

Best wishes,

Marek Powichrowski

Mon, 19 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Advantage

Quote:

>> ADS is fast and solid. I average over 1 million transactions per day now
>> for over three years with NO index failures. Not even one.

>> This is the best third party product ever developed for Clipper.

>Hmm, I'd have to say that it is at most the "joint best", I don't think
>anyone could convince me that MrDebug isn't one of the best. ;-)

>Ooo, and Class(y), I'd hate to be without Class(y).

And Blinker.

But no other product has removed so many angry users from my phone
mail.

--

        Oasis WWW  http://www.iag.net/~philb/
 Oasis WWW Mirror  http://www.enterconnex.com/oasis/

             Always remember you are unique...
               Just like everyone else!

Mon, 19 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Advantage

Quote:

>> ADS is fast and solid. I average over 1 million transactions per day now
>> for over three years with NO index failures. Not even one.

>> This is the best third party product ever developed for Clipper.

>Hmm, I'd have to say that it is at most the "joint best", I don't think
>anyone could convince me that MrDebug isn't one of the best. ;-)

>Ooo, and Class(y), I'd hate to be without Class(y).

and then of course there is Blinker
--

              http://www.crox.demon.co.uk/cellar/
              ICQ: 14502575

Mon, 19 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Advantage
I Think that :  Its GOOD.
                              Barcelona.

Quote:

>>This is the best third party product ever developed for Clipper.

>Yes, I agree with you Phil.

>Best wishes,

>Marek Powichrowski

Mon, 19 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Advantage

Quote:

>> ADS is fast and solid. I average over 1 million transactions per day now
>> for over three years with NO index failures. Not even one.

>> This is the best third party product ever developed for Clipper.

>Hmm, I'd have to say that it is at most the "joint best", I don't think
>anyone could convince me that MrDebug isn't one of the best. ;-)

Then it is crying shame, as I have been trying to buy for a year but have
had no success.

Neil
Hobart
Tasmania
Australia

Tue, 20 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Advantage

Quote:

> >Hmm, I'd have to say that it is at most the "joint best", I don't think
> >anyone could convince me that MrDebug isn't one of the best. ;-)

> >Ooo, and Class(y), I'd hate to be without Class(y).

> And Blinker.

You know, some things are so obvious you don't even bother to mention
them. ;-)

--
Take a look in Hagbard's World: |   w3ng - The WWW Norton Guide reader.
http://www.acemake.com/hagbard/ |     eg - Norton Guide reader for Linux.
http://www.hagbard.demon.co.uk/ |    weg - Norton Guide reader for Windows.
Free software, including........| dgscan - DGROUP scanner for Clipper.

Tue, 20 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

 [ 25 post ]  Go to page: [1] [2]

 Relevant Pages

1. PDSE advantages over PDS?

2. Advantages of Smalltalk over Java

3. 5i advantage over java

4. Subtle Smalltalk advantage over Java ?

5. advantages and disadvantages of C++, Java and Smalltalk

6. Advantage of SQL over TPS

7. What is the advantage of a File Alias?

8. Any advantage?

9. Advantage of Using Date vs Long?

10. Advantages of Compiling as 16/32 bit App

11. FLEXFILE AND ADVANTAGE DATABASE

12. Advantage database server errors under W2000 workstation