Clipper dbase program problems with WIN2K
Author Message
 Clipper dbase program problems with WIN2K

[comp.lang.clipper added to newsgroups]

Quote:
> I'm having trouble running my (perfectly adequate) Clipper app (.dbf tables
> in the back end...)for our photo library

> it runs fine on 95/98/98se but just won't get there on W2k

> we've tried all the win troubleshooting stuff......no joy.

> Anyone have any suggestions?

I'd suggest you document the problem itself and the methods of
troubleshooting you used and what they found.

"just won't get there" isn't a very useful description of your problem.

--
Dave Pearson                        |  OSLib - Timeslice release functions.
http://www.*-*-*.com/ ;             |     eg - Norton Guide reader for Linux.

Fri, 15 Aug 2003 17:22:04 GMT
 Clipper dbase program problems with WIN2K
Have you ever thought of going to Xbase++?  It's a threaded 32 bit world
that works well, provided you're using standard clipper stuff and no 3rd
party parts/pieces.

Quote:
> [comp.lang.clipper added to newsgroups]

> > I'm having trouble running my (perfectly adequate) Clipper app (.dbf
tables
> > in the back end...)for our photo library

> > it runs fine on 95/98/98se but just won't get there on W2k

> > we've tried all the win troubleshooting stuff......no joy.

> > Anyone have any suggestions?

> I'd suggest you document the problem itself and the methods of
> troubleshooting you used and what they found.

> "just won't get there" isn't a very useful description of your problem.

> --
> Dave Pearson                        |  OSLib - Timeslice release
functions.
> http://www.davep.org/               |     eg - Norton Guide reader for
Linux.
> http://www.davep.org/clipper/       |    weg - Norton Guide reader for
Windows.
> http://www.davep.org/norton-guides/ | dgscan - DGROUP scanner for Clipper.

Thu, 21 Aug 2003 11:44:19 GMT

1. Clipper program pauses when started running in Win2K Professional

2. HELP! Compiling dbase program using clipper

3. Dbase/Clipper driver problem HELP? (CW2002)

4. Legacy Clipper S87 app problems under WinME/Win2K

5. Clipper and Win2K problem

6. Clipper app on Win2K - video problem

7. dbf problem EOF - Clipper vs. dBase

8. Problem - running Dbase IV/Clipper 5.0 on our new Pentiums

9. Problem - Running Dbase/Clipper Indexing on a Pentium in Win 95

10. help please - MF netexpress 3.1, ODBC, dbase,Win2K

11. Win2K and Clipper Overflow Errors

12. Win2K Server OK with Clipper?