Looking for Introductory Books
Author Message
 Looking for Introductory Books

--
Hello,

I'm looking for some introductory books. Although I have lots of programming
experience (C/C++, Pascal, BASIC, Assembly), I've never prgorammed in
Clipper.

If you know any helpful (easy to understand) books on Clipper, please let
me know!

Sincerely,

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
 Name  : Nori Kise

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Mon, 12 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Looking for Introductory Books

Quote:

>I'm looking for some introductory books. Although I have lots of programming
>experience (C/C++, Pascal, BASIC, Assembly), I've never prgorammed in
>Clipper.
>If you know any helpful (easy to understand) books on Clipper, please let
>me know!

Please check: http://www.nyiq.net/~tleylan

You can read a little about my book on Clipper application development.

Mon, 12 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Looking for Introductory Books

Hello,

Dont you think its a bit late to start learning Clipper ? I hope its for
maintenance purpose because I dont clearly see the point today to start a
new app with a dos compiler.

Anyway, you have the book by Rick Spence "Clipper 5.2 Power Programming
Guide"
and also, the book by Straley "Straley's programming with Clipper 5.2".

Good Clipping...

J. G. Scemla
G2S - Paris - France

Tue, 13 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Looking for Introductory Books

:
: Please check: http://www.nyiq.net/~tleylan
:
: You can read a little about my book on Clipper application development.

Oh! Yes, thank you! I really appreciate your help. I'll visit your
homepage as soon as possible.

By the way, is there any version of Clipper for Japanese and English?
Some  people have asked me the question. Also, is there any version
of Clipper for Linux? Again, if you know any helpful infroamtion, please
let me know!

Sincerely,

--
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
 Name  : Nori Kise

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Wed, 14 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Looking for Introductory Books

Quote:

>By the way, is there any version of Clipper for Japanese and English?
>Some  people have asked me the question. Also, is there any version
>of Clipper for Linux? Again, if you know any helpful infroamtion, please
>let me know!

I believe there is a version of Clipper for English <g>  As for Japanese there
was a version in the Nantucket days, I couldn't tell you what happened to it.

Most of the "what's available for purchase and how much does it cost"
questions are best answered by CA or their reps.  They have a toll-free
number.

There is an independent product that is Clipper compatible called Flagship
written for Unix.  You ought to be able to find info on the company/product on
a number of web pages, there are jumps on mine to (among others) Phil
Barnett's site which probably jumps to Flagship.

tom

Wed, 14 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Looking for Introductory Books

HI J.G.,

J> Dont you think its a bit late to start learning Clipper ? I hope its for
J> maintenance purpose because I dont clearly see the point today to start a
J> new app with a dos compiler.

With about 60% of our new apps being developed on request for
Dos-enviroments I'd say that there is still some work out there...

Anne.
---
 ~ KingQWK 1.05 # 179 ~ {*filter*}s don't eat clowns because they taste funny.

Thu, 15 Apr 1999 02:00:00 GMT
 Looking for Introductory Books

Hi Nori,

NK> If you know any helpful (easy to understand) books on Clipper, please let
NK> me know!

Any book on the subject of Rick Spence or Steve Straley would come
recommended by me.

If you want to takes things a step further the advancd books of Booth,Lief
& Yellick and Steve Straley might be worth looking into.

Oh, and Tom (Hi Tom:) Leylan also has written a book on writing apps with
Clipper. Never read it myself though, but from it's description I get the
impression that it uses a somewhat different approach.

If you're in the US you can contact ZAC at 1-800-Clipper, they should have
books like these available for $30-$50. I'm sure that even buying all of
them would be worth the investment :)

And of course if you have any question you can ask us here or me :)

Anne.

---
 t KingQWK 1.05 # 179 t {*filter*}s don't eat clowns because they taste funny.

Thu, 15 Apr 1999 02:00:00 GMT
 Looking for Introductory Books

Quote:

>Hi Nori,

>NK> If you know any helpful (easy to understand) books on Clipper, please let
>NK> me know!

>Any book on the subject of Rick Spence or Steve Straley would come
>recommended by me.

>If you want to takes things a step further the advancd books of Booth,Lief
>& Yellick and Steve Straley might be worth looking into.

>Oh, and Tom (Hi Tom:) Leylan also has written a book on writing apps with
>Clipper. Never read it myself though, but from it's description I get the
>impression that it uses a somewhat different approach.

>If you're in the US you can contact ZAC at 1-800-Clipper, they should have
>books like these available for $30-$50. I'm sure that even buying all of
>them would be worth the investment :)

>And of course if you have any question you can ask us here or me :)

>Anne.

>---
> t KingQWK 1.05 # 179 t {*filter*}s don't eat clowns because they taste funny.

I would highly recommend any book by Rick Spence only to anyone who is
familiar with Clipper.  Get yourself a QUE book first, then move on to
the Clipper guru....
ED

Sat, 17 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Looking for introductory book on BASIC

2. Looking for Introductory Books

3. Introductory book

4. Introductory book

5. ANNOUNCE: New introductory programming book

6. ANNOUNCE: New introductory programming book

7. Introductory book

8. What is good introductory Scheme book?

9. What is a good introductory book

10. Introductory books: LIST

11. Introductory Books

12. need to find a general/introductory book for MP fortran