Copy file to NT print server
Author Message
 Copy file to NT print server

I am attempting to copy print files to an NT network printer with the
Clipper copy file to ... command using the syntax copy file (prnfile) to
(net_device). The Clipper documentation indicates that copy file can be
used to copy to a network device but when I attempt that in my code I
get Error base 2012 Create error: net_device (DOS Error 87). I am
looking to get around having to capture lpt ports and NT net use, etc.
and would prefer that my users could enter a network printer name
directly in their user setup. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
TIA.
Bill

Sun, 30 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Copy file to NT print server

Hi Bill,

Quote:

> I am attempting to copy print files to an NT network printer with the
> Clipper copy file to ... command using the syntax copy file (prnfile) to
> (net_device). The Clipper documentation indicates that copy file can be
> used to copy to a network device but when I attempt that in my code I
> get Error base 2012 Create error: net_device (DOS Error 87).

I have been fighting with this for a long time, now I am using
SWPRUNCMD() from Blinker with the attached code.

The variable aNtServer is an array that contains the name of the
file and the UNC-name of the printer.

The function works on both win95/98 and NT workstation.

HTH
Thomas Braun

  bill.prg
< 1K Download

Mon, 01 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Copy Files from Server -> Server

2. Copying files to file server

3. Clarion Dos version 3 application not printing over NT Server

4. Printing under NT Server

5. Printing on a NT terminal server through a router on a remote printer

6. Printing and NT Terminal Server

7. Printing on a NT Server

8. Win NT server, W95, Clipper Printing

9. Need help - expect script: Copy a file from tftp server to cisco router flash

10. copying (moving) large files to remote server ...

11. NT setup making local copies of .tps files

12. Copy file not working on NT/2000