Clipper 5.2e and Win95 network
Author Message
 Clipper 5.2e and Win95 network

Hi Ron,

try

- the NETBIOS Extensions that came with W95 togethret with the
CA-Tools (might work)
- the Netlib 6.5c from Communications Horizons (coded for Win95
and NT)

Regards
Stefan

Sat, 16 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Clipper 5.2e and Win95 network

On Fri, 25 Apr 1997 07:32:32 -0600, Ron Walton

Quote:

>   Has anyone used Clipper 5.2e with a Win95 network?  When I have a
>single workstation using the app, there are no problems. When I have
>two workstations trying to access a shared database, I get several
>errors.
>   One of the errors is that the index cannot be created. There is
>plenty of hard drive space. Another error is that the remote computer
>is not responding. This is on a peer-to-peer network.
>    I open the database for sharing and then 'flock' it before
>reindexing. That's where the errors come in, even though the other
>workstation is not accessing the file at the time.
>    Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Would the network functions
>in CA-Tools work better?
>Thanks,
>Ron

Ron,
I have multiply clipper apps on win95 networks.

Assuming ntxrdd.
As I understand it, REINDEX requires EXCLUSIVE use of the dbf.

INDEX ON does not require exclusive of the dbf BUT DOES try to
open/create the index.ntx file EXCLUSIVEly.
If the index you are creating is in use/open by someone else, an error
should occur (overwriting an existing index file currently in use -
cannot open file exclusive).

If the new index is to be temporary, create a unique name for the
index -or- create the index on the local drive so it is available to
the user who created it only.

For permanent indices, open the dbf exclusively.

Quote:
>Another error is that the remote computer
>is not responding.

Not exactly sure what you mean here.
Is the drive shared?, write access enabled? Problem occurrs when, how
exactly? Problem with clipper app only or others as well?

Tony.
Tony James

Mon, 18 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Win95 network+ExoSpace 1.0g+Clipper 5.2e problem

2. Network printing in Win95 with 5.2e

3. Clipper 5.2e in network

4. Clipper 5.2e and Windows XP Networks

5. Losing network connection using Clipper 5.2e (write error)

6. Clipper 5.2e on a Novell 4.1 network

7. Clipper 5.2e app and peer-to-peer Novell network

8. CLIPPER 5.2e under Win95 - DOS Error 55

9. Clipper 5.2e Debugger under Win95

10. clipper 5.2e win95 dosbox printing

11. Win95 Freeze up with Clipper 5.2e

12. Win95, NT 4.0 Server, Clipper 5.2e - NEED HELP - URGENT