Invalid dates - 215 using Btrieve/Clipper DATE format
Author Message
 Invalid dates - 215 using Btrieve/Clipper DATE format

I am using Clarion 4.1a Professional - Application Generator with ABC
Templates with the Clipper Database Driver and I keep getting inconsistent
behavior with date fields coming from the Clipper database, defined as DATE

sometimes confronted with "An error (invalid date(-215)) was experienced in
making changes to the file ...." This is not consistent and in some places
in the program the dates are accepted from the form, while in others it
doesn't matter in what format you try and input the date it is rejected with
the above error. In some forms with two identically defined dates only the
one date is rejected. Priming the dates with something like Today() produces
the date in the correct format only to be rejected when trying to OK the
form. Adding an Auto increment attribute to a key causes ALL dates, defined
as DATE, in the record to be rejected. Unfortunately I cannot alter the date
formats in the existing database as there are other (Non Clarion)

help.
 Please Somebody help me as this is proving to be quite a obstacle.
   TIA
  Jack.

Sun, 23 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. invalid date format error in realdb tools

2. Date format in itk date widgets

3. Tcl Date Routines don't handle ISO date formats

4. Invalid Date (-215) ---- URGENT ---- Please somebody help me this time!

5. Difficulties with dates / using the date.rb module

6. setting date format using Picture clause

7. Setting date format using Picture clause

8. routine to convert date format 0CYYDDDF to format DD/MM/YY or DDMMYY

9. How to display date from unix format to dd/mm/yy format

10. Btrieve Date Conversion

11. Clarion 4 -Application Generator - Invalid Date when AutoNumber in Key

12. how to convert clarion date to sql date