Does Clarion work on Apple Mac
Author Message
 Does Clarion work on Apple Mac

I have a profram running on a network. One of the users have a Apple MAC
where she does design work. Can she run the program too? Is there anything
special I should do?

Tue, 30 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Does Clarion work on Apple Mac
If it's a Clarion program it can't be run directly on a Mac.
However, you could buy SoftWindows which emulates a Windows PC.
I think you can also get Terminal Server client to run on a Mac.

Stephen Fulton.

Quote:
> I have a profram running on a network. One of the users have a Apple MAC
> where she does design work. Can she run the program too? Is there anything
> special I should do?

Tue, 30 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Does Clarion work on Apple Mac
Question:

If one uses Clarion Web edition or CW5.5 (which I think may have the
capabilites of Web edition, but not sure - still trying to figure this
out!), I beleieve the program creates a web-enabaled edition.  Could that
program then be run in the browser a MAC, thereby making a Clarion program
available on a MAC?

I've been wondering about this.

Paul Jackson
Eutactics, Inc.

Quote:

>If it's a Clarion program it can't be run directly on a Mac.
>However, you could buy SoftWindows which emulates a Windows PC.
>I think you can also get Terminal Server client to run on a Mac.

>Stephen Fulton.

>> I have a profram running on a network. One of the users have a Apple MAC
>> where she does design work. Can she run the program too? Is there
anything
>> special I should do?

Wed, 31 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Does Clarion work on Apple Mac
In an early post, Paul mentioned Web enabling the app. That should work on
the Mac but a better choice might be running the app in a thin client
environment. Stephen mentioned Terminal Server. That will only work on Mac
if you're running Citrix MetaFrame, Term Server alone (unless something new
has been added to Windows 2000) doesn't run on Mac's. BTW; Windows 2000
server includes Terminal Server.

I believe that there was a post from someone in this newsgroup about that
specifically but I don't have access to that message anymore to point you in
their direction. Maybe they'll see this post and chime in.

Good Luck,

- Bill -

Quote:
> I have a profram running on a network. One of the users have a Apple MAC
> where she does design work. Can she run the program too? Is there anything
> special I should do?

Thu, 01 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Does Clarion work on Apple Mac
Yes, almost.
A web-enabled program, as built using Clarion 5.5 will run in any web
browser, including for example, Netscape for the MAC.
However,
1. Clarion 5.5 is still in beta (but good and stable, at least some people
are using it for important stuff)
2. Because it is web-enabled, it sends everything to the web browser using
HTML.
This means that some things are not implemented e.g. dropcombos,
edit-in-place etc.
Please check with supplier, or post on newsgroups, in case of
disappointment.

Stephen Fulton.

Quote:
> Question:

> If one uses Clarion Web edition or CW5.5 (which I think may have the
> capabilites of Web edition, but not sure - still trying to figure this
> out!), I beleieve the program creates a web-enabaled edition.  Could that
> program then be run in the browser a MAC, thereby making a Clarion program
> available on a MAC?

> I've been wondering about this.

> Paul Jackson
> Eutactics, Inc.

> >If it's a Clarion program it can't be run directly on a Mac.
> >However, you could buy SoftWindows which emulates a Windows PC.
> >I think you can also get Terminal Server client to run on a Mac.

> >Stephen Fulton.

> >> I have a profram running on a network. One of the users have a Apple
MAC
> >> where she does design work. Can she run the program too? Is there
> anything
> >> special I should do?

Fri, 02 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Anyone done work on Vehicle Tracking with Clarion?

2. Clarion MDI dlls called from VB - well done clarion

3. **Apple/Mac Web Applications Using C5EE-IC**

4. Apple Mac

5. Logo for the Apple IIGS (and Mac)

6. lookin gfor support materials for LogoWriter (Mac, IBM, Apple)

7. Apple Mac

8. ANNOUNCE: SGI AND APPLE ANNOUNCED COSMO PLAYER FOR THE MAC

9. Ada for Apple Mac II

10. Where can I get Fortran 77 for an Apple Mac

11. MAC - APPLE

12. Is there a tcl/tk for Apple Mac