Entry locator on browse - How to remove punctuation
Author Message
 Entry locator on browse - How to remove punctuation

I have an entry locator that can be typed into or read from a magnetic
card reader. The problem is the card reader has a ";" at the beginning
of the string and a "?" at the end.

What embed point do I have to use to strip these off of the locator (a
local variable)?  I have tried the BRW1:Sort0:Locator, Take Accepted
embed but have not been able to get it working there (as well as the
accepted embed for the entry field itself)

If anyone has any insight on this I would really appreciate it!

Thanks!

Ben E. Brady
Brady & Associates, LLC.
We put the "Personal" into personal firewalls.
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Wed, 07 Jul 2004 18:34:11 GMT

1. How do I Remove punctuation On an Entry Locator

2. How do I Remove punctuation On an entry locator in the ABC TEMPLATES

3. Entry locator in browse.

4. Need Help Resetting Browse Box Views while using Entry Locator

5. C4b - Incremental locators alway think they're Entry locators

6. More (ad nauseum) on removing punctuation in programming languages

7. how do I edit an entry locator before it does it's search

8. Entry locators

9. C4b (ABC) Entry control locator problem

10. C4/C5 Clarion: Entry locator scrambles fast-typed in characters

11. ENTRY's and STRING's and a locator

12. Entry Locator - no match message