Clarion 2.1 DOS - Owner ID on DAT file
Author Message
 Clarion 2.1 DOS - Owner ID on DAT file

I have a client who has an old Clarion (I think v2.1) application. They have a
data file which needs to be accessed in order to change a control date, but I
think the file is password protected because whenever I try to open it with
Filer or Scanner, it asks for an "Owner ID". The original developer is long
gone. Is there any way to get past, or disable the Owner ID ??

Thanks - WdLuhn 630.415.3267

Mon, 02 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Clarion 2.1 DOS - Owner ID on DAT file
If you kow the name of the data file, I can help you.
1) View the exe with CSCN.
2) Hop over to TEXT viewing
3) Search for the file name.
The owner name will be close by, but I don't remember how close.

What you can do on your own is
1) Make an app with one file
2) Password protect the file
3) Use the above to find out where the password is located.

Now it there using any kind of third party add ons, your out of luck.
Especially if they have LSEC. That a nightmare to set up, and even worse
to crack. And thats when you have the source code infront of you!

HTH!

Quote:

> I have a client who has an old Clarion (I think v2.1) application. They have a
> data file which needs to be accessed in order to change a control date, but I
> think the file is password protected because whenever I try to open it with
> Filer or Scanner, it asks for an "Owner ID". The original developer is long
> gone. Is there any way to get past, or disable the Owner ID ??

> Thanks - WdLuhn 630.415.3267

Mon, 02 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Clarion 2.1 DOS - Owner ID on DAT file
-------------
If you have the exe which goes with the file the password is imbedded
in the exe file.    Just view the exe with a word processor and look
for whats likely to be it.    If the developer used a bunch of wild
ascii characters then its a lot harder to locate.

Roger Clark
-----

Quote:

>I have a client who has an old Clarion (I think v2.1) application. They have a
>data file which needs to be accessed in order to change a control date, but I
>think the file is password protected because whenever I try to open it with
>Filer or Scanner, it asks for an "Owner ID". The original developer is long
>gone. Is there any way to get past, or disable the Owner ID ??
>Thanks - WdLuhn 630.415.3267

Mon, 02 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Clarion 2.1 Databases with owner ID

2. Browsing Clarion Dos 2.1 Dat files

3. Converting Clarion DOS 2.1 *.DAT to CW - Choosing between CW VB Delphi

4. Export from Clarion 2.1 Dat files to ASCII

5. Clarion 2.1 Dat file corruption

6. importing clarion 2.1 for dos data files

7. Clarion 2.1 for DOS file formats

8. Clarion For Dos Ver 2.1 (Data file structure)

9. Help needed converting 2.1 for DOS files - Clarion Expert needed

10. Need file structure for clarion/dos 2.1

11. Clarion (Dos 2.1) password protected files

12. Clarion 2.1 Dos File List