Crash before printing report
Author Message
 Crash before printing report

To All:

We are using:
Clarion 2003.
Windows 98

We have an application that records 5 items in a queue.
Once the 5 items have been recorded, it writes the items to a log and
calls a report.  As of now, when you finish recording the 5th item,
you get the following error:

This application has performed an illegal operation and will be shut
down.

You click OK and the application is closed.  It usually does not
record the data to the log or give you the report.  Yet, sometimes it
will do both.

You can re-open the application immediately and do the same thing and
it works correctly.

Also, the problem seems to occur when more than one person is in the
application.

And, this same problem is happening in a completely different
application.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Jeff

Wed, 30 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Crash before printing report
Quote:
>We have an application that records 5 items in a queue.
>Once the 5 items have been recorded, it writes the items to a log and
>calls a report.  As of now, when you finish recording the 5th item,
>you get the following error:

>This application has performed an illegal operation and will be shut
>down.

>You click OK and the application is closed.  It usually does not
>record the data to the log or give you the report.  Yet, sometimes it
>will do both.

>You can re-open the application immediately and do the same thing and
>it works correctly.

>Also, the problem seems to occur when more than one person is in the
>application.

>And, this same problem is happening in a completely different
>application.

>Any help is greatly appreciated.

This may be a long shot, but you might change your printer driver.  We had a
similar problem with some of our reports on certain machines with a HP
Laserjet4P and found if we used the HP Laserjet III drivers the report ran just
fine.

Wed, 30 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Printing Report Writer report to a file?

2. Crystal Reports New Print Job Within a Print Job

3. Printing a report and using the print dialog for it

4. printing with print report.vi

5. Pre-setting Print jobAttributes (printing a ReportWriter report)

6. Reports with many graphics crashes!!

7. Program crash in Report Writer procedure C5RW.exe using applications produced with CLARION 5.000.00

8. Crash in Report Writer C5RW

9. Ni reports crashes with large amounts of data

10. crash report

11. TclGlobalEval() with static string goes crash on a Sun (bug report)