Palm Pilots and Clarion 
Author Message
 Palm Pilots and Clarion

I dont own one as of yet but was wondering if there is anyway to
communicate between a palm pilot and a clarion app? Any experiences?
David



Mon, 01 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 Palm Pilots and Clarion
I use Outlook as a hub for this. Export appointments to Outlook, then
you can sync with Palms, CE machines, Yahoo Calendar etc.

Havent done hotsync tho. Get out your C compiler, I suspect.

---
Mark Riffey
Granite Bear Development
http://www.granitebear.com

Software for professional photography studios
and non-profit organizations



Mon, 01 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 Palm Pilots and Clarion
David,
Pendragon Forms offers a good interface in an easy-to-use package. We
interface a workorder system to Clarion using this.
Good Luck,

--
Frank Young
Sandia Solutions, Inc.
505-828-1252


Quote:

> I dont own one as of yet but was wondering if there is anyway to
> communicate between a palm pilot and a clarion app? Any experiences?
> David



Mon, 01 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 Palm Pilots and Clarion
Do they still require ACCESS databases?

On Thu, 13 Jan 2000 20:41:31 -0700, "Frank Young"

Quote:

>Pendragon Forms offers a good interface in an easy-to-use package. We
>interface a workorder system to Clarion using this.
>Good Luck,

Jeff Slarve  [Team Topspeed]
http://www.jssoftware.com


Tue, 02 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 Palm Pilots and Clarion

I see that this is interfaced with odbc drivers. I have never used this
with Clarion and have only used Clarion2.1 file driver. Is this difficult
to impliment?
Can I relate these?
David

Quote:

> David,
> Pendragon Forms offers a good interface in an easy-to-use package. We
> interface a workorder system to Clarion using this.
> Good Luck,

> --
> Frank Young
> Sandia Solutions, Inc.
> 505-828-1252



> > I dont own one as of yet but was wondering if there is anyway to
> > communicate between a palm pilot and a clarion app? Any experiences?
> > David



Tue, 02 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 Palm Pilots and Clarion

Continuing from my previous message, Do I need SQL drivers? Can I just
create a few files using odbc drivers which then can be converted to
clarion files and thus imported into my app?
David

Quote:

> David,
> Pendragon Forms offers a good interface in an easy-to-use package. We
> interface a workorder system to Clarion using this.
> Good Luck,

> --
> Frank Young
> Sandia Solutions, Inc.
> 505-828-1252



> > I dont own one as of yet but was wondering if there is anyway to
> > communicate between a palm pilot and a clarion app? Any experiences?
> > David



Tue, 02 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 Palm Pilots and Clarion
David,

You may either import/export to the Palm through an Access Database (then
use OCDB to read the Access file,- OR - Pendragon will also import/export
into an ASCII file which is then accessible through the Clarion BASIC file
driver.

Right now, for simplicity on my clients' machines, I'm sticking to the ASCII
method which does away with and unique or {*filter*} drivers and configurations.

I have not tried to do a direct interface with the Access database, so can't
comment on this.

Frank


Quote:

> Continuing from my previous message, Do I need SQL drivers? Can I just
> create a few files using odbc drivers which then can be converted to
> clarion files and thus imported into my app?
> David


> > David,
> > Pendragon Forms offers a good interface in an easy-to-use package. We
> > interface a workorder system to Clarion using this.
> > Good Luck,

> > --
> > Frank Young
> > Sandia Solutions, Inc.
> > 505-828-1252



> > > I dont own one as of yet but was wondering if there is anyway to
> > > communicate between a palm pilot and a clarion app? Any experiences?
> > > David



Tue, 02 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 
 [ 7 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Palm Pilot app for Assembler 370/390 programemrs

2. Smalltalk tools for palm pilots

3. APL for Palm Pilot?

4. Palm Pilot Complier?

5. Free Palm Pilot PDA

6. Palm Pilot?

7. Palm Pilot

8. Palm Pilot

9. Conduit for Palm Pilot?

10. NY-STUG Meeting 4/22/1999 - Smalltalk for the Palm Pilot on Micro Virtual Machines

11. palm pilot interface

12. CW4 Export to PAlm Pilot

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software