call procedure with parameter
Author Message
 call procedure with parameter

I have an update window and wish to call in another window to do some stuff.
I placed a button control on the form and under the actions tab, fill out
procedure name
the parameters (1 var. in parenthesis)
the return value variable

When I compile I get the error message
"cannot call procedure as function"

The prototype and the parameters are defined correctly in the procedure
being called.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Ed

Mon, 07 Nov 2005 02:02:41 GMT
 call procedure with parameter
Ed,

Quote:
> the parameters (1 var. in parenthesis)
> the return value variable

> When I compile I get the error message
> "cannot call procedure as function"

Skip the return variable.
Without it, the following code is generated:
  MyProcedure ('MyParm')
With the return variable:
  MyReturnVar = MyProcedure ('MyParm')
so MyProcedure must return something and
should be a 'Function' to do so.

--

Best regards,
Maarten

"I know what I know but I do not know what you don't know"

Mon, 07 Nov 2005 04:16:11 GMT
 call procedure with parameter
The only explanation is no they're not :/.

Chris Bordeman

Quote:
> I have an update window and wish to call in another window to do some
stuff.
> I placed a button control on the form and under the actions tab, fill out
> procedure name
> the parameters (1 var. in parenthesis)
> the return value variable

> When I compile I get the error message
> "cannot call procedure as function"

> The prototype and the parameters are defined correctly in the procedure
> being called.

> Any help is very much appreciated.

> Ed

Sun, 13 Nov 2005 02:54:15 GMT

1. dynamically call a procedure WITH parameters in another dll

2. Call a SQL stored procedure using input and output parameters

3. Calling procedure with reference parameter

4. Passing procedures as parameters to procedures.

5. How to setup a procedure in a DLL that calls a procedure in another DLL

6. Call a procedure from a procedure

7. Calling a procedure with a variable procedure name

8. Procedure that only calls a procedure?

9. calling non-PURE procedures in PURE procedures

10. How to make a procedure call from another procedure

11. Class procedure cannot call another class procedure

12. recursive command calls / procedure calls