Using variable filename(!FILENAME)
Author Message
 Using variable filename(!FILENAME)

Which example shows the proper use of this option?

Anyone have the steps you must follow to use this ?

I've defined an input file in dict and output file in dict with full
path names !EDIIN and !EDIOUT (Dict file names are EDIIN & EDIOUT).

In Embed I've placed code:

EDIIN = Drive:\PAth\'FILENAME'
EDIOUT = Drive:\PAth\'FILENAME'
COPY(EDIIN,EDIOUT)
if error() then stop(error()).

I get a file not found error.

The source generated  does not show a file declaration for either
file, but does show the variables.

Fri, 02 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Using variable filename(!FILENAME)
Hi

if in the dct you use a !FileName you MUST

1 - Declare the Global Data FileName (normally a string long enough for path
+ name + extension)
2 - In the MainProcedure assign FileName = MyPath & TheName (dont forget the
\)

HTH
Andr

Fri, 02 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Using variable filename(!FILENAME)

>The source generated  does not show a file declaration for either
>file, but does show the variables.

Have you selected the files in the Files button on the property sheet
??

HTH

Ray

Quote:
>Which example shows the proper use of this option?

>Anyone have the steps you must follow to use this ?

>I've defined an input file in dict and output file in dict with full
>path names !EDIIN and !EDIOUT (Dict file names are EDIIN & EDIOUT).

>In Embed I've placed code:

>EDIIN = Drive:\PAth\'FILENAME'
>EDIOUT = Drive:\PAth\'FILENAME'
>COPY(EDIIN,EDIOUT)
>if error() then stop(error()).

>I get a file not found error.

>The source generated  does not show a file declaration for either
>file, but does show the variables.

Ray Creighton [Team Topspeed]
Sable Software Pty Ltd - http://dyson.brisnet.org.au/~sable
Sable CWIC Server - http://sablesoft.brisnet.org.au
CUGQ - http://www.clarion.org.au

Fri, 02 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Using variable filename(!FILENAME)
Does this have to be done in MainProcedure?
I'm cycling thru a Log file which contains actual file name (w/o drive
ands path).

On Mon, 14 Sep 1998 23:14:11 +0200, "Andr KAMHIN"

Quote:

>Hi

>if in the dct you use a !FileName you MUST

>1 - Declare the Global Data FileName (normally a string long enough for path
>+ name + extension)
>2 - In the MainProcedure assign FileName = MyPath & TheName (dont forget the
>\)

>HTH
>Andr

Sun, 04 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Using variable filename(!FILENAME)
Scott,

Not, it doesn't. It does need to be done before access to any of the files
with variable names. I handle mine in a dll function that gets called on
program startup.

Regards,

Mark

Quote:

>Does this have to be done in MainProcedure?
>I'm cycling thru a Log file which contains actual file name (w/o drive
>ands path).

>On Mon, 14 Sep 1998 23:14:11 +0200, "Andr KAMHIN"

>>Hi

>>if in the dct you use a !FileName you MUST

>>1 - Declare the Global Data FileName (normally a string long enough for path
>>+ name + extension)
>>2 - In the MainProcedure assign FileName = MyPath & TheName (dont forget the
>>\)

>>HTH
>>Andr

----------------------------
sig under construction

Certified Hobbyist

Sun, 04 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Using variable filename(!FILENAME)
Unfortuneately, I had not. Thanx. However, now I'm getting an invalid
file name error posted. I'm trying to figure out De{*filter*} so I can see
what it has in file name variables.

Quote:

>Hi,

>>The source generated  does not show a file declaration for either
>>file, but does show the variables.

>Have you selected the files in the Files button on the property sheet
>??

>HTH

>Ray

>>Which example shows the proper use of this option?

>>Anyone have the steps you must follow to use this ?

>>I've defined an input file in dict and output file in dict with full
>>path names !EDIIN and !EDIOUT (Dict file names are EDIIN & EDIOUT).

>>In Embed I've placed code:

>>EDIIN = Drive:\PAth\'FILENAME'
>>EDIOUT = Drive:\PAth\'FILENAME'
>>COPY(EDIIN,EDIOUT)
>>if error() then stop(error()).

>>I get a file not found error.

>>The source generated  does not show a file declaration for either
>>file, but does show the variables.

>Ray Creighton [Team Topspeed]
>Sable Software Pty Ltd - http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~sable
>Sable CWIC Server - http://www.*-*-*.com/
>CUGQ - http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sun, 04 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to Specify Variable FileName(!FileName)In Report

2. Using Variable Filenames and Paths

3. Expect script: using variable to represent filename?

4. variable used as filename

5. Long Filenames okay for physical filenames???

6. REQUIRES filename (NEEDS filename)

7. DOS 8.3 filenames (how to remove long filenames header)

8. Library os.path.isfile(filename) - long filenames error.

9. Adding PC Filename Extensions to Macintosh Filenames

10. Urgent Help on Deleting a filename using tcl (script) in an application (without using rm filename (in unix))

11. filename variable

12. How to open a file with a variable filename