Execute a VBS file from Clarion
Author Message
 Execute a VBS file from Clarion

Anyonw knows how to launch any program or document so it would run like it
was doubleclicked in explorer. I was thinking that API sould know how to do
that. But which function?

Regards Majk

Fri, 07 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Execute a VBS file from Clarion
Quote:

> Anyonw knows how to launch any program or document so it would run like it
> was doubleclicked in explorer. I was thinking that API sould know how to do
> that. But which function?

Shellexecute or shellexecuteEX for a document and for an executable,
CreateProcess
---------------------
Jim Kane  - TeamTopSpeed
Productive Software Solutions
Can't Find that Message?
Get Organized, Get ForKeeps!
www.fkeeps.com

Fri, 07 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Execute a VBS file from Clarion
take a look at powerrun from
http://members.aol.com/GBerthume/

worth the price

        Tim

Quote:

--
Tim Phillips
Vermont Agency of Natural Resources

Fri, 07 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Execute a VBS file from Clarion

Quote:
> Anyonw knows how to launch any program or document so it would run like it
> was doubleclicked in explorer. I was thinking that API sould know how to do
> that. But which function?

Majk,

Product Description - Internet Link Template,
MFG - POSitive Software Company
Internet Link - http://www.clarioncentral.com/freestuff.htm

This free template utilizes the Shellexecute API and will launch
programs and documents.

Dave
--
From Encourager Software - Dave Troxell,

Author of Product Scope 32 Bookmarks -
Profile Exchanges - Clarion Third Party, Clarion Application, Newsgroup
- Email, HTML, PRO Music USB, and Search Engines
http://www.encouragersoftware.com/

Fri, 07 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Execute a VBS file from Clarion
Hi Majk.

Check out API procedure ShellExecute(). Should be able to do exactly what
you need.

Regards

Niels.

Quote:
>Anyonw knows how to launch any program or document so it would run like it
>was doubleclicked in explorer. I was thinking that API sould know how to do
>that. But which function?

>Regards Majk

Fri, 07 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Execute a VBS file from Clarion
Thanks. It was easy to find that. But I have some problems with it. First I
declared it from shell32.dll. I've created lib file with libmaker and I was
getting error "Duplicate simbol ShellExecuteA". After that i removed the lib
file and i've inserted the folowing text in global MAP section:
MODULE('shell32.dll')
  ShellExecuteA(LONG,STRING,STRING,STRING,STRING,LONG),LONG,Pascal,RAW
END
Now I keep getting error 31 (There is no association for the specified file
type or if there is no association for the specified action within the file
type.)
Any ideas?

Regards, Majk

Quote:

> > Anyonw knows how to launch any program or document so it would run like
it
> > was doubleclicked in explorer. I was thinking that API sould know how to
do
> > that. But which function?

> Shellexecute or shellexecuteEX for a document and for an executable,
> CreateProcess
> ---------------------
> Jim Kane  - TeamTopSpeed
> Productive Software Solutions
> Can't Find that Message?
> Get Organized, Get ForKeeps!
> www.fkeeps.com

Sat, 08 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Execute a VBS file from Clarion
Hi Majk.

Sounds like you are attempting to execute a file with a type for which
Windows has no association. Doubleclick the file in Explorer, and Windows
will help you create the association.

To 'execute' a non-executable file Windows needs to know which application
can handle this specific filetype. An association does exactly this: it
definies a connection between a file of a specific type and an application
that can handle this filetype.

Regards, Niels.

Quote:
>Thanks. It was easy to find that. But I have some problems with it. First I
>declared it from shell32.dll. I've created lib file with libmaker and I was
>getting error "Duplicate simbol ShellExecuteA". After that i removed the
lib
>file and i've inserted the folowing text in global MAP section:
>MODULE('shell32.dll')
>  ShellExecuteA(LONG,STRING,STRING,STRING,STRING,LONG),LONG,PASCAL,RAW
>END
>Now I keep getting error 31 (There is no association for the specified file
>type or if there is no association for the specified action within the file
>type.)
>Any ideas?

>Regards, Majk

Sat, 08 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Execute a VBS file from Clarion
Majik,

You were getting the linker error because it's already included in the
win32.lib that ships with CW.  There's no need to run libmaker on shell32 to
make a lib.

--
Paul Attryde
http://www.geocities.com/clarion_insider/

Quote:
> Thanks. It was easy to find that. But I have some problems with it. First
> declared it from shell32.dll. I've created lib file with libmaker and I
was
> getting error "Duplicate simbol ShellExecuteA". After that i removed the
lib
> file and i've inserted the folowing text in global MAP section:
> MODULE('shell32.dll')
>   ShellExecuteA(LONG,STRING,STRING,STRING,STRING,LONG),LONG,PASCAL,RAW
> END
> Now I keep getting error 31 (There is no association for the specified
file
> type or if there is no association for the specified action within the
file
> type.)
> Any ideas?

> Regards, Majk

> > > Anyonw knows how to launch any program or document so it would run
like
> it
> > > was doubleclicked in explorer. I was thinking that API sould know how
> do
> > > that. But which function?

> > Shellexecute or shellexecuteEX for a document and for an executable,
> > CreateProcess
> > ---------------------
> > Jim Kane  - TeamTopSpeed
> > Productive Software Solutions
> > Can't Find that Message?
> > Get Organized, Get ForKeeps!
> > www.fkeeps.com

Sat, 08 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Writing into VBS files, get S002-18...

2. Running vbs file from TCL

3. turn off VBS+VBE files??

4. help me to execute my file without using wish (menu file, command source)

5. How to make Clarion process executing in background?

6. Executing clarion dos exe from CW 2.0 windows?

7. Printing a Memo file in Clarion 2003-1 clarion for windows

8. Eurosymbol in Clarion application with Clarion Files

9. Problem reading clarion 2 files with clarion version 5

10. clarion 2.1 key files not working with clarion 4

11. expect_after executes for spawn id 1 even if the corresponding expect executes for spawn id 2