Access Excel File from Clarion ?
Author Message
 Access Excel File from Clarion ?

Can I access (read/write/update/delete) an Excel File from CW20 or C5PE
?
I am interesting about this becaus I want to give the results of a
report to an Excel Fle to see some graphs.
TIA

Fri, 12 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Access Excel File from Clarion ?
Yes I am interested in this also so perhaps you could let me know what you
find. The way I do it at the moment is using ODBC. This works OK.

Mick Carter

Quote:
> Can I access (read/write/update/delete) an Excel File from CW20 or C5PE
> ?
> I am interesting about this becaus I want to give the results of a
> report to an Excel Fle to see some graphs.
> TIA

Fri, 12 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Access Excel File from Clarion ?
I have used DDE Functions to write values in Excel.  Here is how it works:

(1)  "Inside the Global Map" in Global Embed, embed the following:
INCLUDE('dde.clw')

(2)  In your Procedure where you want to start writing your data to the
Excel Spreadsheet, typically in a "Process" Procedure, embed the following
codes:

xxx = ddeClient('Excel', '[MyExcelFile.xls]MySheetName')
! This will let the system identify the channel name, xxx as your Excel
File.

ddePoke( xxx, 'RmmCnn', DataContent )
! This command will write your DataContent in the cell Row mm, Column nn, in
xxx, which is your Excel File.

For details, please refer to the DDE Section in the Appendix "A" of the
Language Reference Manual.

Good Luck! - Tong

Quote:
> Can I access (read/write/update/delete) an Excel File from CW20 or C5PE
> ?
> I am interesting about this becaus I want to give the results of a
> report to an Excel Fle to see some graphs.
> TIA

Fri, 12 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Access Excel File from Clarion ?
Go to ftp://ftp.icetips.com/incoming/
and get the Access97ODBC2.ZIP and Access97ODBC2.TXT files.  They contain a
working Clarion4 Legacy application that runs against a supplied Access97
database using ODBC.
Included is the .app and .dct, plus instructions on setting up 32-bit ODBC
datasources, and the 16-bit ODBC administrator that the Clarion IDE needs
to permit you to import and browse data files.

Take a look at this example.
Working with Excel is basically the same as working with Access97 (in my
very limited experience)

        Tim

Quote:

--
Tim Phillips
Vermont Agency of Natural Resources

Fri, 12 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Accessing MS Access Files from clarion

2. converting MEM files to access or excel

3. Can Labview 5.1 access Excel files

4. How to recup data with Access or Excel from Cobol Data with *.ISM and *.IDX file

5. Export Clarion database to Excel or text file?

6. Converting Clarion TPS files for import in Excel

7. convert txt excel file without open the excel application

8. Exclusive file access or serial access to external file

9. Clarion DOS & Win95 File Access Denied

10. clarion dat file conversion to Access

11. Accessing Clarion DOS files from VB/Java Server

12. Accessing MS lib file, from Clarion 5.5