Super security slows down
Author Message
 Super security slows down

Hi,

I am working on a program in C5 legacy. We are using the supersecurity
templates from boxsoft for logon.

Now that we have entered about 100 users and around that amount of
doors, the logon process has slowed down to a crawl. Where we first
could log on in 3 seconds, we now have to wait 90 seconds.

This is obviously not acceptable. Does anyone have any experience with
this problem? All help is welcome, I need to get this to work.

Thanks,

A. van Ieperen

Remove NOSPAM from address to reply

Mon, 19 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Super security slows down
Hi!

should be able to help you.

I had problems of this nature, but only about 12 people were in the system.
This time, I think it was a problem of underpowered hardware on a slow
network.  Each computer was running Win98 with 32 Meg ram (not nearly
enough) 10Mbps network cards on a slow file server.  Then they wondered why
my program ran slow.... ;)  Could this be your problem?

If not...Mike should be able to help.

Jeff

Quote:
> Hi,

> I am working on a program in C5 legacy. We are using the supersecurity
> templates from boxsoft for logon.

> Now that we have entered about 100 users and around that amount of
> doors, the logon process has slowed down to a crawl. Where we first
> could log on in 3 seconds, we now have to wait 90 seconds.

> This is obviously not acceptable. Does anyone have any experience with
> this problem? All help is welcome, I need to get this to work.

> Thanks,

> A. van Ieperen

> Remove NOSPAM from address to reply

Wed, 21 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Super security slows down
Well, our clients are pentium II's and III's with 64 MB ram and we run
Win95 on them. So that should be fast enough processor wise.
I'm not totally up to date on the server side, but  I think we have a
mix of 10Mbps and 100Mbps clients to the server.

The speed of the program was fine, until we entered all the users in
the security database.

I haven't emailed mike yet, I was hoping that someone else ran into
the same problem.

Adriaan

Quote:
>Hi!

>should be able to help you.

>I had problems of this nature, but only about 12 people were in the system.
>This time, I think it was a problem of underpowered hardware on a slow
>network.  Each computer was running Win98 with 32 Meg ram (not nearly
>enough) 10Mbps network cards on a slow file server.  Then they wondered why
>my program ran slow.... ;)  Could this be your problem?

>If not...Mike should be able to help.

Remove NOSPAM from address to reply

Sat, 24 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Super security slows down
Well, our clients are pentium II's and III's with 64 MB ram and we run
Win95 on them. So that should be fast enough processor wise.
I'm not totally up to date on the server side, but  I think we have a
mix of 10Mbps and 100Mbps clients to the server.

The speed of the program was fine, until we entered all the users in
the security database.

I haven't emailed mike yet, I was hoping that someone else ran into
the same problem.

Adriaan

Quote:
>Hi!

>should be able to help you.

>I had problems of this nature, but only about 12 people were in the system.
>This time, I think it was a problem of underpowered hardware on a slow
>network.  Each computer was running Win98 with 32 Meg ram (not nearly
>enough) 10Mbps network cards on a slow file server.  Then they wondered why
>my program ran slow.... ;)  Could this be your problem?

>If not...Mike should be able to help.

Remove NOSPAM from address to reply

Sat, 24 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. super security error?

2. super security

3. Super Security

4. Super Security for VB

5. Super Security v2.0 is now available

6. Super tagging works too slow

7. vw2.5 sometimes slows down when large

8. MTIMER slows PB down

9. global floating windows slow down graphics?

10. Slow down utility ???

11. Topspeed DB - Record Filter slow down ?!?

12. Slowing down/freezing until user interrupt & proceed