H E L P COPY(file,new file)
Author Message
 H E L P COPY(file,new file)

I want to copy my AUTOEXEC.BAT to AUTOEXEC.BCK from Clarion 2109, but
I can't find the syntax (with all signs)

Could anyone please give an example ?

Per Olsen

Mon, 10 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 H E L P COPY(file,new file)

Quote:

> I want to copy my AUTOEXEC.BAT to AUTOEXEC.BCK from Clarion 2109, but
> I can't find the syntax (with all signs)

> Could anyone please give an example ?

> Per Olsen

Per Olsen -

The syntax for the copy function in CPD 2108 is:
copy(DOSFile,'AUTOEXEC.BCK')
where DOSFile is the label of a DOS or External DOS statement which
specifies the file to be copied. In other words the DOSFile must be a
file struction defined in your Clarion app.

I would be inclined to use the RUNSMALL statement:
RUNSMALL('COPY AUTOEXEC.BAT AUTOEXEC.BCK')

This statement will try to run in available memory. To check for errors
use RUNCODE.

If you do not have enough memory available to use RUNSMALL you could use
the RUN('COPY AUTOEXEC.BAT AUTOEXEC.BCK'). Remember that the RUN
function closes all open files and when completed returns back to the
point directly after the RUN statement. It would then be wise to reopen
all files to be able to access them.

If you have any more questions, just ask. In any case, I would be
interested in your results.

LLAP

J.A. Clark
Brown Bag It Software

Mon, 10 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to copy data between 2 dates in new file

2. New to TCL - Trying to Copy Files

3. copying files using as a different file name

4. Setting file attributes and Copying files

5. CW2.003 Copy file changes file date

6. Copy a *.txt file to another file

7. File (original) To File Copy (storage)

8. VMS LIB$ copying file a file in FORTRAN

9. Copying files to file server

10. CW2.003 File copy changes the date.....need a way to copy w/o date change

11. BUG: file copy copies links as links

12. "ls" of only hidden files