Help! Deleted files I shouldn't have
Author Message
 Help! Deleted files I shouldn't have

Using C5.5 PE "F" build.

Trying to track down a problem, I got carried away and delete several
files I should not have.

At the end of compile, file not found is ABASCII.RSC.

Strangely, it's not on my laptop, anyone have the file to send or know
what template it's associated with and how Clarion will reinstall it?

Thanks for your time,

--
Gregg L. Matteson

Custom Program Solutions

Software designed for the way you do business

53241 Crestview Drive
South Bend, IN   46635
(574) 277-8832
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Mon, 07 Feb 2005 23:08:39 GMT
 Help! Deleted files I shouldn't have
Gregg,

This file is generated as needed as is ABASCII.OBJ. You may have deleted
the resource file and left the object file in place. Delete the object
file and the system will recreate it during your next compile.

By default, these files will be in one of your obj directories. obj32 or
obj32\release if 32-bit, else obj or obj\release if 16-bit. If you have
changed your redirection file they may be elsewhere.

Unless you have some 3rd party software that incorrectly placed required
files into one of these directories, all files here can be deleted
safely. I routinely clean up my obj directories by deleting all the
files... it gets crowded in there!<g>

--
Lee White

Lodestar Software         www.CWaddons.com
DeveloperPLUS Corporation www.DeveloperPLUS.com

> At the end of compile, file not found is ABASCII.RSC.

Mon, 07 Feb 2005 23:53:49 GMT
 Help! Deleted files I shouldn't have
Lee,

Thanks, that did it.

Appreciate the help,

Gregg

Custom Program Solutions

Software designed for the way you do business

53241 Crestview Drive
South Bend, IN   46635
(574) 277-8832
http://www.customprogramsolutions.com/

Mon, 07 Feb 2005 23:59:50 GMT

1. Roberto Bozzolo- I'm having trouble opening your files

2. need help with rename-file/delete-file

3. Shouldn't there be an Exit Block Statement in Smalltalk

4. Shouldn't I do so? [copyright law]

5. Shouldn't this be constant space?

6. shouldn't STOP?

7. Mistery: JGE taken while it shouldn't have been

8. Mystery: JGE taken but it shouldn't have happened

9. instead of C++ shouldn't ms have used masm for win95

10. g77 -fno-automatic changes output but shouldn't

11. Why exceptions shouldn't be used for flow control [Re: YAS to the

12. Shouldn't Tkinter pack() return self?