Alternative Delete message
Author Message
 Alternative Delete message

I am using C55PEg, ABC templates. On a browse update form window, I
typically use the 'standard warning' setting on the update form's 'messages
and titles' window. In some case, however, I'd like to substitute my own
delete confrmation window so I can further explain the effects of deleting a
message.

Can any point me to the best method to do this? It seems there should be a
way to put my own code to use the Message function to override the built-in
'standard' delete message warning.

Thanks in advance,
Adam Brayshaw

Sat, 25 Dec 2004 02:11:44 GMT
 Alternative Delete message
Adam,

One way to achieve this is to first set the default delete action on the form to
'No Warnings' then, in one of the embeds at the start of the form procedure,
code your message dialog which either cancels the delete request or just allows
it to continue.

Like...

IF LocalRequest = DeleteRecord
     CASE MESSAGE('Deleting Record<13,10><13,10>Are you
sure?,Button:Yes+Button:No, Button:No, 0)
        OF Button:Yes
           !Allow continue
        OF Button:No
           Return
     END
END

HTH
Tim Down
Fingertips

Quote:

> I am using C55PEg, ABC templates. On a browse update form window, I
> typically use the 'standard warning' setting on the update form's 'messages
> and titles' window. In some case, however, I'd like to substitute my own
> delete confrmation window so I can further explain the effects of deleting a
> message.

> Can any point me to the best method to do this? It seems there should be a
> way to put my own code to use the Message function to override the built-in
> 'standard' delete message warning.

> Thanks in advance,
> Adam Brayshaw

Sun, 26 Dec 2004 08:54:16 GMT
 Alternative Delete message
Hi Adam,

   Here's a method to have your custom delete message
   for any table.  I've opted to have the No as the default.

   In the Global Objects > ABC Objects > ErrorManager >
   TakeUser before the Parent call put this code.

   ! custom prompt for delete, defaulting the delete choice to NO
   BEEP(BEEP:SystemDefault)
   IF Message('  Do you Want to Delete the Highlighted Record ?',|
      ' Please Confirm... Record Delete',ICON:Question,|
      BUTTON:Yes+BUTTON:No,BUTTON:No)=BUTTON:Yes
      RETURN Level:Benign
    ELSE
      RETURN Level:Cancel
   END

   Salt to taste.

   Lew Strock
---------------
On Mon, 08 Jul 2002 18:11:44 GMT, "Adam Brayshaw"

Quote:

>I am using C55PEg, ABC templates. On a browse update form window, I
>typically use the 'standard warning' setting on the update form's 'messages
>and titles' window. In some case, however, I'd like to substitute my own
>delete confrmation window so I can further explain the effects of deleting a
>message.

>Can any point me to the best method to do this? It seems there should be a
>way to put my own code to use the Message function to override the built-in
>'standard' delete message warning.

>Thanks in advance,
>Adam Brayshaw

Sun, 26 Dec 2004 09:00:29 GMT

1. Parsing mime multipart/alternative emails for the message body

2. APL-J discussions [reply to a deleted message]

3. Test message, will delete shortly

4. if at all possible, PLEASE DELETE the above message - got here by accident (>800K)

5. avoid delete message

6. To all: Possible solution to deleted messages

7. Robin Vowels deletes my topics/ messages

8. Deleted messages

9. POPMail won't delete messages from the s erver

10. POPMail won't delete messages from the server

11. another test message, please delete

12. Message Deleted